Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA: Ready reserve not assigned via the bucket?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a conversation with one of the reps regarding the bucket system. Apparently, there may be a possible remedy that will be addressed in the near future. Stand-by.

I think your observation is correct.

Great Chief! Great news then for those guys. But, if they should just suck it up and quit whining, why do you care if positive change is made?

I had a conversation with one of the reps regarding the bucket system. Apparently, there may be a possible remedy that will be addressed in the near future. Stand-by.

I think your observation is correct.

sounds good; I feel my blood pressure starting to come down

Excuse me, please! I didn't mean to INVALIDATE your feelings! Having been married for some time, I should have recognized the sensitivity of your issue.

However, if you feel you have a VALID issue and are being violated, there are more APPROPRIATE forums that could possibly yield real results, versus posting them in cyberspace where nothing will happen.
But, if that makes your feel better, then carry on.

I was on reserve, 2 or more times, for about 2 years. On many occasions, I remember getting called to the airport for an assignment for somone who did not show up on time, then getting sent home, called back for a short round trip, then asked to hang out for another assignment, then sent home, then called back to the airport to fly. In addition, if you ever questioned a scheduler, even in a respectful way, you were placed on the "abuse list" and remained there until some other prisoner became the poster child. We had no rules other than the FAA rules.

FYI, the Reserve rules have improved, because, a large majority of pilots like myself remember our time in the barrel, and made it a priority in the last negotiations. We got nothing in return, but it was the right thing to do. Is it perfect--NO! Is it better than when I was in the barrel--yes! In fact, there have been some who have bid reserve that could hold a line. Our rules are better than most, and not as good as some. Even at some of the Legends, today, our rules are better. If you have friends at Continental, check with them.

However, back to the subject. If things are not working right according to the contract, then call your Scheduling Chairman, your reps, the Mec office and state your grievance. If the contract is not tight enough in language or processes, then call your Sceduling Chairman, reps, or the MEC office and let them know what needs to be fixed. There is probably only one of them that knows what reserve and the new reserve rules are like--but all need to know what is not working or what needs fixing. Squeaky wheels get the oil! Looking over the contract on reserve rules, I can see where things could be better. However, things did improve under the last contract.

You have challenged me and others that we don't care about your plight! This is not true as we are responsible for the improvements that were made in the Reserve rules in the last contract--we made it a priority in our contract surveys. Those challenged by you are no longer on reserve and don't know how the improvements are working or whether the contract is being implemented correctly. However, it has become clear, that rules could be further improved. I challenge you and any of the others that you know to voice your suggestions collectively to your Scheduling Chairman, reps, and the MEC office so that it can be addressed in the next contract. Can it help you now? No, but it may help pilots in the coming years that will be on reserve. Do your part in making it a little better, just as those who came before you have done for you! Things will remain the same if you don't take that action. In summary, use your energy to effect change in ways and forums that matter--LEC meetings and voicing your concerns to your reps. Make the rubber meet the road!

Flight Info postings will only subject you to sniper fire and attacks by veiled and unknown, uncaring posters. Unfortunately, the lack of accountability lends itself to the unrpoductive SPORT of Sniping!

Good Tail Winds (when you do fly),

Speedtape

You say FI isn't an appropriate forum for discussion of our issues. However, here at ASA, unlike other airlines, we don't have an anonymous ALPA web board. So by default FI often becomes the anonymous forum for our issues. It's been that way since long before I arrived here. I'm not a frequent poster as can be seen by my post count: 112 over seven years, or an average of 15-16 per year. Contrast that with your post count of 871 and of course there's Oh Please with 1,112. You better believe I will come on to provide pithy comments when I see it's necessary. I've taken on the best including you, Oh Please and the vaunted Joe Merchant...and will continue to do so. Particularly when others claim whining just for valid discourse on legitimate issues.

I appreciate your statements on going to reps or the MEC and not just doing FI posts. This is something all of us need to follow. However, my comment in the previous post about how our union and company have recognized and are discussing this current issue didn't originate from a FI post. I do know what to do, and I hope, as you've said, others will also follow your suggestions.

And sir, please let me assure you, I have complete familiarity with the "abuse list" after two and a half years of reserve under the old system. Herein lies the rub: many feel the "abuse list" is still around and being doled out as Ready Reserve. I can't say for sure, but it definitely looks like it, smells like it, and tastes like it. How can we tell the difference?

What really concerns me is this: Those like yourself who, as you say, fought so hard for the contract...you guys should be as concerned as me, even more so, when you learn it's not being implemented as intended. You guys should be the first to step up, instead we hear we're whining. IMHO that is extremely inappropriate. But that's just me.

On viewing the posts of Oh Please, it's easy to see they're ego driven. He indicates this is "his swing in his playground." He calls 79% N1 a "little puss." 79 is someone I know well, and I can assure you is no puss boy. 79 is someone who is very well informed and very concerned with our careers and well being...and takes the time to come on and make valid legitimate points as much as anyone else on this forum. Oh Please is someone for whom I no longer have respect, and I'm no longer interested in his opinion on any issue. Oh please sir, please find a way to acquire a life.

Last edited:
, here at ASA, unlike other airlines, we don't have an anonymous ALPA web board. So by default FI often becomes the anonymous forum for our issues. It's been that way since long before I arrived here. .
If you're so darned confident in your stance, why do you need an anonymous forum? what are you afraid of? your own opinion?

If you're so darned confident in your stance, why do you need an anonymous forum? what are you afraid of? your own opinion?

I'm sorry sir, but the spirit and tone of your postings render your opinions inconsequential. As I said, I am no longer interested in your opinion on any issue. And thus it shall be.

Good day sir.

I'm sorry sir, but the spirit and tone of your postings render your opinions inconsequential. As I said, I am no longer interested in your opinion on any issue. And thus it shall be.

Good day sir.
awww..."can't play my way, I'll take my ball and go home to mommy".......bye then.

awww..."can't play my way, I'll take my ball and go home to mommy".......bye then.

Thank you for again reinforcing the conclusions I have drawn about you. Here you
demonstrate how you absolutely have to have the last word regardless. Again and again
you show that discourse with you is tantamount to trying to rationalize with a five
year old. The difference is, when I take the time out of my day to post here, it’s
nearly always regarding an issue directly impacting myself and my colleagues. With
you it’s a childish, silly game. Now more than ever, I can safely conclude I have absolutely no interest in your opinion on any issue.

Thank you for again reinforcing the conclusions I have drawn about you. Here you
demonstrate how you absolutely have to have the last word regardless. Again and again
you show that discourse with you is tantamount to trying to rationalize with a five
year old. The difference is, when I take the time out of my day to post here, it’s
nearly always regarding an issue directly impacting myself and my colleagues. With
you it’s a childish, silly game. Now more than ever, I can safely conclude I have absolutely no interest in your opinion on any issue.
then go home to mommy...stop replying:laugh:

oh yeah....I know your are but what am I? nana nana boo boo.

Latest resources

Back