Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Medeco

SQUIB
Heard it from his mouth today in the crew lounge. somebody asked if it were true that they were on the YUL ramp.

He said "If we csn come together as a "TEAM" we are in position to put them online by August"

In other words if we can get you to fly them for cheap.

I think he said 6 were finished and waiting.

He also laughed when he heard that the Continental deal was done, and said he had not even met the Continental people yet, but that we had bid for the work.

Medeco

Timing??

I am surprised he is putting this info out just a few days prior to the arbitrators ruling and DALPA's strike. I wonder if he knows something that DALPA does not. Maybe he is just trying to position himself to pitch a one price fits all for negotiations. What a roller coaster!

Medeco said:
He said "If we csn come together as a "TEAM" we are in position to put them online by August"

In other words if we can get you to fly them for cheap.

I don't think so.

In other words, F*ck you Brian.

Just to clear it up a bit before the great General comes in

BL did not say how they were configured, only that they were crj 900's.

Obviously, they are all waiting to see what will be hammered out with DALPA.

Medeco

Tim47SIP said:
I am surprised he is putting this info out just a few days prior to the arbitrators ruling and DALPA's strike. I wonder if he knows something that DALPA does not. Maybe he is just trying to position himself to pitch a one price fits all for negotiations. What a roller coaster!

There very well could be a TA allowing those planes, but then we have to vote on it. I will bet that atleast 50.1% will vote DOWN any TA that has scope erosion. And, the DL Lawyer---Jack Gallehger, who was Lorenzo's attorney back in the day---already said at the initial part of the 1113c hearing with Judge Prudy that "we will fly the 90 seaters with 70 seats if we have to." Wow, that really will be expensive, and to make that work I bet pay cuts would have to be major. Think about it, 20 less seats than certified. Or, even if it could have 9 more seats, like the CRJ-705--that is 9 seats that will have to be made up with lower pilot and stew costs. That would be interesting. JA doesn't care.

Their best line at management is "well, we have already ordered them so we have to have them now....." Sounds like you can defer them just like you did our extra 738's and 777s. Give them to someone else. I won't vote yes to allow them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
:cool:GL, yeah there are fewer seats, but there are going to be 12 first class seats which will most likely offset the cost. Who know's, I hope that it all works out for you guys as well. Big D would be stupid to allow you guys to walk. I believe that they will "Blink" first! Good luck!

Tomct said:
:cool:GL, yeah there are fewer seats, but there are going to be 12 first class seats which will most likely offset the cost. Who know's, I hope that it all works out for you guys as well. Big D would be stupid to allow you guys to walk. I believe that they will "Blink" first! Good luck!

Yes, but they could have more seats IF we agreed, which would make them even more profitable. I doubt we would vote for that. And, I think SkyWest flies CR7s with first class and a total of 66 seats for United. ASA and SkyWest could do that with any NEW CR7s too.

I would rather us get some new E190s or 100 seaters, you guys get more 70 seaters, and then we eventually hire again after our furloughs come back, and hire ASA and CHQ guys exclusively.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
.............. and hire ASA and CHQ guys exclusively.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sometimes he hates you, but then he loves you!

General Lee said:
.... and hire ASA and CHQ guys exclusively.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Have you (GL or DALPA or DAL) written off Comair already?
They are the chick that is still in the nest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back