• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA President says crj 900's by August

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeesh - don't you guys already know they are 900's? That order was announced and has been discussed a bunch on this board. Call them 705's if that is what keeps General Lee comfortable in his manhood, but they are CRJ-900's.

So far Jerry Atkin has told the truth. I assume he is also telling the truth when he said no more 70 seaters are coming to ASA without our costs being in line.

Medeco said:
Heard it from his mouth today in the crew lounge. somebody asked if it were true that they were on the YUL ramp.

He said "If we csn come together as a "TEAM" we are in position to put them online by August"

In other words if we can get you to fly them for cheap.

I think he said 6 were finished and waiting.

He also laughed when he heard that the Continental deal was done, and said he had not even met the Continental people yet, but that we had bid for the work.

Medeco
I don't think that we at the regional airline should be flying any aircraft with more than 50 seats. We already shot ourselves in the leg by flying the 70 seaters and now we want 90 seaters. If we keep accepting to fly these aircraft at such a low rate the mainline guys will never get their point accross. We need to put a stop to this BS before it's too late. 5 years from now they are going to have us fly 120 seats for even less pay.

Say no to the larger rjs and help save the future of this industry.

That is the Biggist ORANGE CARROT IF I EVER SAW ONE!!! "you will get the 900 IF......." If what? you except food stamps to fly it!!!

amcnd said:
That is the Biggist ORANGE CARROT IF I EVER SAW ONE!!! "you will get the 900 IF......." If what? you except food stamps to fly it!!!

You will have to if you do. One pay rate--the 50 seater.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
You will have to if you do. One pay rate--the 50 seater.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's what we need one pay rate based on the max gross of the aircraft reguardless of which company you work for. Nothing more than 50 seaters at a regional airline.

Dont want to think this but the writing is on the wall - the 900s will come to us but SLC will close and SW will picj up all SLC 700 flying. DAL wants the 900 in ATL and ASA will most likely get them. But Jerry will prove his point since we dont have a combined rate and close SLC.

IMHO

Does ASA have a 71-99 seat rate? If the 900 come with 70 seats will you fly them for the 700 rate? (or does your payscale go buy weight?) what does ASA ALPA have to say about this?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back