• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA President says crj 900's by August

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what I was saying, I think you guys learned and that's saying something. But don't tell me that there weren't a lot of DAL pilots that said they and their mil. buddies were too good to fly a CRJ. I heard it first hand a dozen times on my jumpseat and sitting on DAL jumpseats. "I don't want my buddy to have to fly a little RJ when they get on with DAL."

Hindsight is always 20/20. DAL pilots could have put them on property if they really wanted to, but back then it wasn't that important I guess. Now you guys are trying to keep the rest of the camels in the tent, huh?

What the heck am I doing up at this hour?

Last edited:
Maybe the 900's will be config into 3 class, a first class, eco-plus and eco, 10 F/C, 10 EC+ and 50 EC.....kind of like on the SkyWest UAX 70 with the 3 glass....

Flyguy801 said:
Maybe the 900's will be config into 3 class, a first class, eco-plus and eco, 10 F/C, 10 EC+ and 50 EC.....kind of like on the SkyWest UAX 70 with the 3 glass....

Maybe it will have a couple shiny bathrooms you can poop in too? Dork.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
No - they will most likely be 10 or 12 in front and 60 or so in the back. Air Canada Jazz operates the 705 with 10 and 64, really roomy in the back. It would be like our 40 seaters. You could top off the fuel and carry full loads and fly for 4 hours. Seat pitch would be really nice, I think JAzz is 32 or 34 so it would be pretty comfy - even for a CRJ.

GO AROUND said:
.... don't tell me that there weren't a lot of DAL pilots that said they and their mil. buddies were too good to fly a CRJ. I heard it first hand a dozen times on my jumpseat and sitting on DAL jumpseats. "I don't want my buddy to have to fly a little RJ when they get on with DAL."

Hindsight is always 20/20. DAL pilots could have put them on property if they really wanted to, but back then it wasn't that important I guess. Now you guys are trying to keep the rest of the camels in the tent, huh?
You are exactly right. This is the reason for the codeshare that allowed us to exist and for the failed onelist proposal. Even now the Delta (and other mainline) pilots don't want to fly RJ's, as they are still percieved to be "beneath" their status in life. Even Northwest decided to run their RJ's under Compass Airlines.

The dark cloud in all of this is that the mainline guys are happy to "steal" Mesaba pilot jobs and put them on the street while Northwest pilots ramp up to perform the same flying for less money.

General does not seem to realize that getting what he want will not result in his being a "Delta" Captain any sooner than is the current situation and could delay his ascension. He is worried that the arbitrators that his union picked, and agreed to, might rule against him. In that case he won't play, not unless he gets exactly what he wants, now.

When all of the bravado that the MEC has stirred up dies out and the Delta pilots have to face the reality of the situation there is going to be one hell of a hang over. Delta is not in the shape Northwest, or UAL are. There is not going to be an upgrade and a stock deal for you General, not unless Delta's financial performance improves - and - Delta is going to need both yours and our help in making that happen. General - even if it is all about YOU, you still need us.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Yes, but they could have more seats IF we agreed, which would make them even more profitable. I doubt we would vote for that. And, I think SkyWest flies CR7s with first class and a total of 66 seats for United. ASA and SkyWest could do that with any NEW CR7s too.

I would rather us get some new E190s or 100 seaters, you guys get more 70 seaters, and then we eventually hire again after our furloughs come back, and hire ASA and CHQ guys exclusively.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What about military guys?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back