ASA President says crj 900's by August

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Medeco said:
He also laughed when he heard that the Continental deal was done, and said he had not even met the Continental people yet, but that we had bid for the work.

Medeco

That's funny, Flight Safety in ATL is receiving one EMB-145 Sim this month & one more next month. I guess we'll be sharing the morning bagels & fruit with MESA pilots when they come here to train.

Question for GL...will you vote yes for any TA? I'm beginning to think that if they returned you to 2003 pay rates you would not just say no but HELL NO.

FixNFly said:
That's funny, Flight Safety in ATL is receiving one EMB-145 Sim this month & one more next month. I guess we'll be sharing the morning bagels & fruit with MESA pilots when they come here to train.

That's for the Chautauqua base in ATL, silly.

Like it or not, that’s what’s coming down the pike no matter how much we fight it. Regions pay will eventually come on line but fighting what the market wants is a losing battle no matter how we look at it. The unions and management have been operating as though they are still regulated and now we, the pilot group, are suffering the consequences. Takes a long time to turn a ship this big but eventually the market will win whether we like it or not.

Regional "airlines" used to be what? Nothing but little prop jobs hopping short and they've have become anything but. The fact needs to be faced that we lost this fight a long time ago when the government stepped in to save the airlines. All the pieces where in place even then.

I'd just like to see these golden parachutes gone. It appears very close to racketeering to me. Maybe it will force these jokers up there to negotiate honestly instead of promising big retirement checks and then going to court and erasing their fkuc ups. Give me better 401K's or some profit sharing but you can keep that retirement BS.

crjskipper said:
Dont want to think this but the writing is on the wall - the 900s will come to us but SLC will close and SW will picj up all SLC 700 flying. DAL wants the 900 in ATL and ASA will most likely get them. But Jerry will prove his point since we dont have a combined rate and close SLC.

IMHO

Not if we vote it down, unless you can operate them with 70 seats. If you could, you would likely have to take major pay cuts to "help them achieve profitability." DAL may want the CR9, and may say "hey, we already have them coming...." but I would think we could easily get 50.1% to vote a TA down with that provision.

Bye Bye--General Lee

gator_hater said:
Question for GL...will you vote yes for any TA? I'm beginning to think that if they returned you to 2003 pay rates you would not just say no but HELL NO.

I will vote YES to a TA that doesn't have scope erosion, stops the pay cuts and allows for eventual snap backs (the company already offered that, albeit small ones), and one that gives some credit for the pension they will dump--- in the form of new stock (NW was just offered $888 million in new stock) and a 15% monthly contribution to our DC plan (same as UAL). Sick leave must also be preserved. I'd probably vote yes on that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
If you could, you would likely have to take major pay cuts to "help them achieve profitability."

General,
I hope you don't allow over 70 seats, but this is a typical BS management statement. We could fly them for free and loose money or charge double and be profitable. Good luck and I wish you all the best.

amcnd said:
Does ASA have a 71-99 seat rate? If the 900 come with 70 seats will you fly them for the 700 rate? (or does your payscale go buy weight?) what does ASA ALPA have to say about this?

Our pay rates are by seats not weight. We have no pay rate over 70 seats and we would fly the 900/705(same airplane) for the 70 seat rate cause that's how many seats it can have now. And if you believe like I do that the DAL pilots will not allow over 70 seats at DCI then thats the rate we will fly it for. Cause we and all the DAL pilots know that they F'd up years ago when they were too good to fly the 70 and they scoped it to the DCI carriers. They wouldn't want to F up that bad again would they General?

captain caveman said:
General,
I hope you don't allow over 70 seats, but this is a typical BS management statement. We could fly them for free and loose money or charge double and be profitable. Good luck and I wish you all the best.

I was just joking and stating what BL or JA would say to you. I too could work for free and our management would still blow the money on Simplifares. Then they leave with millions.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GO AROUND said:
Our pay rates are by seats not weight. We have no pay rate over 70 seats and we would fly the 900/705(same airplane) for the 70 seat rate cause that's how many seats it can have now. And if you believe like I do that the DAL pilots will not allow over 70 seats at DCI then thats the rate we will fly it for. Cause we and all the DAL pilots know that they F'd up years ago when they were too good to fly the 70 and they scoped it to the DCI carriers. They wouldn't want to F up that bad again would they General?

I don't think we were "too good to fly the 70s." IF we could have put them on our property and hired more, we would have, in a heartbeat. It is always better to have more people below you on the seniority list, just ask our furloughed pilots. They would have loved more cushion. And, we scoped very little of it to DCI in the beginning--and that has grown during our recent givebacks. If we would have seen 9-11 coming (we would have told somebody first....) and then prepared better. Afterwards, we had to give up more 70s, and that was reluctantly. Once you give up a certain amount of seats, you will never get them back. That is why we are fighting now for anything over 70. Maybe we have learned.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back