• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Premium Pay for losers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our union leadership has never ONCE gone on record to comment on picking up open time while we've had pilots on the street. This isn't a problem just in the summer, it has been a problem since January 1, 2009. I'd love to see our MEC or LEC reps have the balls to say don't pick it up, but they won't. We could have brought a lot of people back and more importantly upgraded some captains.

They LEGALLY CAN'T !!!! To say that would be an illegal job action and cost the pilot group big fines.

What are the line values like again guys? What about reserve utilization? How many people crediting 90+hrs and timing out at the end of the month?

We should be happy this is happening, it puts us one step closer to having to recall people. But instead, in true FI fashion, we get to hear all the whining. As for posting the names of the people that pick-up, good luck, the list will be huge.
Nope,
Not gonna happen, this is classic B.H., putting people on the payroll cost benefits, time and a half costs only when its offered and can be stopped anytime, unlike furloughs. B.H. is just getting warmed up, prepare for a robust round of reflows, reserves working psychotic schedules and general doouchebaggery from the S.S. department. You will soon hate him with a passion!
Enjoy
PBR
P.S. You will find every loophole in your contact, Brad will point them out and, use every single one to cornhole you.

Last edited:
Sadly, we have Clownair pilots picking up EF, too. They justify it by saying they're saving someone from being junior-manned. I guess they don't realize the union tracks JM events to use the stats against the company when it comes to negotiations or recalls. Sad....

Incentive pay, and you're just now complaining? I've heard some amazing offers made to training department guys to fly right seat for a round trip.. and that's been going on since right after the furloughs began.

Incentive pay, and you're just now complaining? I've heard some amazing offers made to training department guys to fly right seat for a round trip.. and that's been going on since right after the furloughs began.

I'd hope they are turning them down.

Last edited:
You don't think it's within the reach of our union to relate the quantity of open time pickups and the number of furloughed pilots and put that on an e-mail with ALPA's logo on it? Fine, they can't come out with a rubber stamped message that says you are forbidden to pick up open time, but what's wrong with pointing out a cause and effect? Nothing. Our scheduling committee has the ability to track this data.

Notice how the two cowards who actully wrote the memo had to get a female in scheduling to mail it out for them. Clever scheme to prevent a backlash of angry replies, ya poons.

Bump. Please nobody pick any of this up now and in the future until we bring some people back to their seats. What a kick in the nuts when they say we are adequately staffed.

Also this next month is going to be screwy anyways from people go to differences training or upgrade/downgrade

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back