• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Position Notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How would "Super Seniority" work in this case for the displaced crj-200 Captains?
Seemes like they used that in the past for those Captains that got displaced of the 50 to the 70 seat.

How would "Super Seniority" work in this case for the displaced crj-200 Captains?
Seemes like they used that in the past for those Captains that got displaced of the 50 to the 70 seat.

It only applies if there was a position available for the aircraft you were displaced from.

Since there are no 200 positions available, super seniority will not be a factor.

ATL,

I think what Shelton and I are getting at is this...if Candler or Warmie wanted to upgrade they should have done that long ago. From Scott's redux memo it appears that someone in their shoes could upgrade now and put Foss back in the right seat. In my book guys should not be able to upgrade and force someone out of their seat after they have passed up a few chances in the past.

In my book guys should not be able to upgrade and force someone out of their seat after they have passed up a few chances in the past.

I agree 100%. If someone decided to wait for a line to upgrade then that person must live with that and not force a cpt back to the right seat.

What is was saying is that I believe there will be enough current CR2 cpts that will bid to the CR7.
IMHO the seats should be filled in the following order.

1. Current CR2 cpts that bid over to the CR7
2. Those that were displaced out of the right seat still flying as F/O
**These two should fill the avail seats

3. Current CR2 cpt displace to cpt CR7
4. F/O upgrade

I agree with that thinking also.

Considering the economic times... it would make more sense to do transition training before upgrade training.

Haven't read it lately....but I guess the contract limits how management can do this. Unless we do a LOA or MOU.

How does ASA handle re-training for a displaced Captain flying as an FO, now going back to the left seat? Is it a PC or more than that?

Shelton, I agree a mess could develop. People bid into the seats they are in now a long time ago. It seems a little unfair open up CA slots to guys who previously passed up that opportunity.

How is that unfair? It is a seniority based system. They should be able to bid over whenever they want and can hold it.

I agree 100%. If someone decided to wait for a line to upgrade then that person must live with that and not force a cpt back to the right seat.

What is was saying is that I believe there will be enough current CR2 cpts that will bid to the CR7.
IMHO the seats should be filled in the following order.

1. Current CR2 cpts that bid over to the CR7
2. Those that were displaced out of the right seat still flying as F/O
**These two should fill the avail seats

3. Current CR2 cpt displace to cpt CR7
4. F/O upgrade

It's pretty easy to see the 30 pilots that will get the CR7 upgrades on ourASA. Of course, people can change their bids between now and when the award closes. The PWA handles how these bids are awarded; we don't change the PWA based upon a good/bad economy, so why would we change this award? If a senior FO wants to bid for the 700, then that's his/her right according to the PWA; that's what seniority does for you. If you are an FO that takes the first chance to upgrade, then there's always the chance of being bumped back to the right seat. I know several Brasilia Capts that had to go to the right seat of the jet when those airplanes left.

Good luck to us all.

It's pretty easy to see the 30 pilots that will get the CR7 upgrades on ourASA. Of course, people can change their bids between now and when the award closes. The PWA handles how these bids are awarded; we don't change the PWA based upon a good/bad economy, so why would we change this award? If a senior FO wants to bid for the 700, then that's his/her right according to the PWA; that's what seniority does for you. If you are an FO that takes the first chance to upgrade, then there's always the chance of being bumped back to the right seat. I know several Brasilia Capts that had to go to the right seat of the jet when those airplanes left.

Good luck to us all.

Yeah---just looking at it today--I doubt there will be any Captain displacements on either aircraft. It could be close--but they do have some flex where they can increase the vacancies and decrease the reductions. However, there may be some CRJ200 Fo's that have to move to the 700. But then--bids could be changed.

It does NOT appear that the notice takes into account the reduction by furlough. The 80 affected seem to be equally split between the CR7 and CRJ right seat. If that's the case, then those reductions on the CRJ right seat will just about be cancelled out with the furloughs and the bids on file for transition and upgrade.

Latest resources

Back