ASA Position Notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smacktard

So 30 vacancies in the left seat on the 70 with 40 reductions in the left seat on the 50. Looks like 10 downgrades with the furloughs...if I am reading that right...

Last edited:
What about on the fo side where there are 40 vacancies on the 700, but 50 reductions on the 200. Where do those pilots go?

Everybody is where they need be...............Uh huh......

I would like to offer my sincerest sympathies to the 10 that get displaced back to the right seat. I speak from experience when I say ...................

GOING BACK TO THE RIGHT SEAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not quite right. It depends on how everyone bids. For instance, if no 50 seat captains bid for the 30 slots then the vacancies will be awarded to senior F/Os. Then there will be 40 reductions in 50 seat captains. Most of those junior 50 seat captains will have their bid for the 70 captain slot. They will displace all 70 seat captains junior to them.

Make sense? It could turn into a mess.

Shelton, I agree a mess could develop. People bid into the seats they are in now a long time ago. It seems a little unfair open up CA slots to guys who previously passed up that opportunity.

I don't believe there will be that much of a problem getting 30 CR2 cpts to bid to the CR7. Many of them are former CR7 F/O more than happy to go back. Throw in a chance to fly the 900 you may get some of those old timers to go with'em.

Latest resources

Back