ASA Pilots: Time to Consider PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gator_ hater,

You don't take WF seriously do you? WF says half of that stuff just to get people fired up. Even if WF gets a line he'll still be on the ALPA board.

701EV

Oh yeah
GO GATORS!

No, I don't take him seriously I've heard him rant on the bus way too often. I just thought this was a great place to vent about his latest topic.

I love it when time changes the week of the cocktail party. Gives us an extra hour at the landing to enjoy our win.

If management wants pref bid so bad, just like Skywest, then offer to put us on ONE LIST and then we'll use theirs! Welcome to the world of cost savings. Look at the Delta Northwest merger. Look at how much effort is getting put into integrating these two carriers together. Why? Because operating two seperate airlines is more expensive than one bigger one. Duh...

If management wants pref bid so bad, just like Skywest, then offer to put us on ONE LIST and then we'll use theirs! Welcome to the world of cost savings. Look at the Delta Northwest merger. Look at how much effort is getting put into integrating these two carriers together. Why? Because operating two seperate airlines is more expensive than one bigger one. Duh...

They would probably do that if both were ALPA or if both were non-union but I think that difference makes it difficult legally to do. Probably why Colgan and PNCL haven't been merged. Personally I would welcome a merger with SKW.

Since it looks like PBS is inevitable, we need to come up with some decent proposals of what we want in return and communicate that to ALPA.

Furlough protection for everyone on the seniority list post signing date is a must IMO.

No, I don't take him seriously I've heard him rant on the bus way too often. I just thought this was a great place to vent about his latest topic.

I love it when time changes the week of the cocktail party. Gives us an extra hour at the landing to enjoy our win.

gator_hater, are you going down for the game?
I'm working. I'll be watching from SYR.

You mean an extra hour to drown your sorrows.

701EV
GO GATORS

You may or may not have the most to lose. The reality is SKYW wants PBS because it allows them the ability to control the assigned flying down to the single pairing at will(theirs). If you think SKYW will just hand you the "book of legs/pairings", you are hitting the pipe a little too hard. The only guys who think PBS is "pretty good" are the ones who know no better, I have been there 10+ years and CFIT, even longer, and we don't like it. If you want the illusion that "you" have control over your schedule vote for it, reality is the company controls your schedule and will not let that go. There was a month a while ago, the #1 Captain in DEN who bids 4 day commutable trips was awarded a mix of 1-3 day uncommutable garbage schedule. You say, "he didn"t bid correctly, wrong, he bids specific pairings and is extremely computer saavy. PBS guru when queried, shrugged his shoulders and had no answer as to why his bid came out the way it did. AOS is a POS, as are most PBS bidding programs(LUV excepted).
PBR

I agree with you completely! I've had 3 different PBS trainers look at my bids, and none of them can figure out why guys with a quarter of my seniority are getting the pairings in my 1st and 2nd layers while I'm getting a crummy mix from my 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th layers. I've also tried their suggestions with little to no improvement!

They would probably do that if both were ALPA or if both were non-union but I think that difference makes it difficult legally to do. Probably why Colgan and PNCL haven't been merged. Personally I would welcome a merger with SKW.

Since it looks like PBS is inevitable, we need to come up with some decent proposals of what we want in return and communicate that to ALPA.

Furlough protection for everyone on the seniority list post signing date is a must IMO.

Does not benefit the entire pilot group across the board. If the entire pilot group gives, the entire pilot group should benefit equally.

How about lead in and lead out days for vacation. That is a big thing we are going to loose with perf bid, the extra days that we can bid around vacation.

How about lead in and lead out days for vacation. That is a big thing we are going to loose with perf bid, the extra days that we can bid around vacation.

I believe with the SKW system, you get 3 days off added before or after the vacation. Still, that's not the same as having 2 conflicting 4-day trips drop. Regardless, it's what WE are able to negotiate that matters.

Latest resources

Back