• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Pilots: Time to Consider PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been with ASA as a Captain for a considerable amount of time. I think if PBS helps our status as an ability to grow and profit. We should be willing to sit down and see if it would work. No sense in just flat saying no without talking. That seems all too familiar to 5 years of bad negotiating.

Been with ASA as a Captain for a considerable amount of time. I think if PBS helps our status as an ability to grow and profit. We should be willing to sit down and see if it would work. No sense in just flat saying no without talking. That seems all too familiar to 5 years of bad negotiating.
You may or may not have the most to lose. The reality is SKYW wants PBS because it allows them the ability to control the assigned flying down to the single pairing at will(theirs). If you think SKYW will just hand you the "book of legs/pairings", you are hitting the pipe a little too hard. The only guys who think PBS is "pretty good" are the ones who know no better, I have been there 10+ years and CFIT, even longer, and we don't like it. If you want the illusion that "you" have control over your schedule vote for it, reality is the company controls your schedule and will not let that go. There was a month a while ago, the #1 Captain in DEN who bids 4 day commutable trips was awarded a mix of 1-3 day uncommutable garbage schedule. You say, "he didn"t bid correctly, wrong, he bids specific pairings and is extremely computer saavy. PBS guru when queried, shrugged his shoulders and had no answer as to why his bid came out the way it did. AOS is a POS, as are most PBS bidding programs(LUV excepted).
PBR

777forever, for someone who's never been able to hold an actual line, you really seem to know a lot about why PBS is so much better than our current line system.

PBS will especially suck for those of us that don't want to be regional lifers.

PBS will not get us those shiny EMB-175s, it will not get us another $2.35/hr pay raise, it won't get us United and British Airways flying, and it won't get us 777's...forever.

777forever, for someone who's never been able to hold an actual line, you really seem to know a lot about why PBS is so much better than our current line system.

PBS will not get us those shiny EMB-175s, it will not get us another $2.35/hr pay raise, it won't get us United and British Airways flying, and it won't get us 777's...forever.

He's been at ASA for only about a year.

If we do vote for PBS, one thing we must have is the extension of the no-furlough clause to all pilots currently on the seniority list.

Delta has a pretty good PBS system supplied by Navtech:
http://www.navtechinc.com/solutions/index.html
However any good software can be customized into a POS so a lot of work must go into writing contract language and configuring the algorithms to comply with the contract.

If we do vote for PBS, one thing we must have is the extension of the no-furlough clause to all pilots currently on the seniority list.

Delta has a pretty good PBS system supplied by Navtech:
http://www.navtechinc.com/solutions/index.html
However any good software can be customized into a POS so a lot of work must go into writing contract language and configuring the algorithms to comply with the contract.

We did a lot of research into PBS programs when I was on the MEC at PCL. Navtech and Northwest's Airware are really the only decent PBS programs, and Airware is proprietary. Anything other than Navtech should immediately be shot down. Don't let them stick you with Altitudes or SBS Pref Bid. The results won't be pretty.

The problem, I believe is, the PBS that ASA would get is the one that is already compatible to the sked+ and crewbid, which is the one Skywest uses.

I could be wrong, that is how I understand it, though.

If it gets that commie WF a line and off the ALPA web board I'm all for it.

Latest resources

Back