• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Pilots: Time to Consider PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Were you even here when this happened? You don't know half the story. The company's "proposal" was laughable -- it was paycuts for everybody and totally regressive work rules.

You have no idea about company finances so for you to say anything about PBS is irrelevant. Would PBS save the company money? Sure (not enough to make a huge difference though). PBS also would enable the company to staff the airline using less pilots. So, you as a junior pilot looking to get off reserve/upgrade/whatever should be against PBS based on that fact alone.

I would guess that he came in AFTER the signing date. Which means he is not protected from "F".

Do ASA pilots have currently a means where the company can pre-assign training events?

SkyWest got that with PBS and with it they can set up your training and you cannot have bid obstacle. Meaning if before if you had a day that paid 6hrs and were pulled off of the trip for recurrent, now you have to bid around it and they only have to pay for the day of training which is 4hrs.

Say NO to AOS!

I was referring to the first time the current contract was offered. You know, the one when Jerry said he'll transfer the 900s if we keep holding out for higher 70/90 seat pay and other stuff. And you guys gladly told him to send the 900s to Skywest.

Hopefully we can learn from our past mistakes of "chest thumping" and actually work with the company to achieve its goals. In the long run it will result in more money for all of us. A great start would be to get rid of an outdated, highly inefficient, and costly bidding system and replace it with an adequate PBS system that is properly controlled so it benefits everyone.

PBS cannot be as bad as ASA pilots make it out to be. Everyone in DCI has PBS. And for goodness sakes even NWA and DAL have it. It's not about the system, but the implementation.

It works great if your senior.......sounds like you're junior enough to still be doing MGM trips....just on the jet

CFIT,

I'm getting dizzy looking at all those round things!

Nice avtar!

701EV

Well, it seems as though the folks on the MEC recognize that PBS is coming. I agree with the tone of the release in that if PBS is coming, we should get something for it.

Questions I haven't heard yet: What would the pilot group want in return for PBS? What would the company be willing to negotiate to get PBS?

I think that PBS could work if closely administered by the pilot group, with ultimate control held by the pilot group. This is the ONLY way I would vote for this.

I don't see the company agreeing to this; the cost savings wouldn't be there. Therefore, I am against PBS.

PBS for all new 900's to be based in ATL or no deal.

Other than that, nothing the company has is any interest to me.

PBS for all new 900's to be based in ATL or no deal.

Other than that, nothing the company has is any interest to me.

Bingo! PBS is a huge cost savings measure on the company, and that's the line that management is going to use to try to get the pilot group to greenlight PBS. It is a huge cost savings measure, but it also allows the company to run with a "leaner" pilot group, so who knows if furloughs would follow.

There are several different software programs for PBS, and some companies are better than others. Jepp makes one, and have heard horrible things about it from friends in Newark and Houston. Fundamentally, it's not as beneficial to the junior guys as bidding for lines are. However, as a pilot group, it would makes the company a lot more competitive to get new flying, within DCI and beyond.

Any word on how much we are overstaffed by? Last I heard was 300, then down to 150 for Nov/Dec flying. Even with PBS I don't see them furloughing people when spring and summer flying will be coming up as soon as the final ATR pilots are jet trained.

Latest resources

Back