ASA pilots quitting at record pace...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:smash: Sunday 19th NOV 2006......Unofficial Official walkout!!!!!!:smash:

Ok, sick out. Shut your airline down. Bring your brothers and sisters down with you. Oh yeah, and you'll get a court date too. Then my airline and everyone elses can bid on Delta's new RFP out of ATL.

Bad labor issues aside, living in Atlanta sucks and Hartsfield sucks even harder... I cant believe anyone wants to put up with those ATL attitudes, all you gotta say to turn me away is ATL!

Bad labor issues aside, living in Atlanta sucks and Hartsfield sucks even harder... I cant believe anyone wants to put up with those ATL attitudes, all you gotta say to turn me away is ATL!

Now that is something I do truely agree with ATL as whole is a complete cess pool. Unless you are born there I cannot see why anyone would ever choose to live there. It is one of the dirtiest cities I have ever been to in my life.

Ok, sick out. Shut your airline down. Bring your brothers and sisters down with you. Oh yeah, and you'll get a court date too. Then my airline and everyone elses can bid on Delta's new RFP out of ATL.

Psst...Russian,

Read his screen name and notice the anti-Union tone. Then notice he tries to promote something that would obviously get the union in trouble.

Flaimbait.

Its starting to look like not only our assets (SLC 70's AND the crj900's that according to ALPA were not coming to us ANYWAY, yeah right)
This statement is HIGHLY inaccurate. ALPA Leadership never said that we were not going to receive the 900's. There position is that the decision to transfer those aircraft to Skywest was made solely on the fact that DELTA decided to place the aircraft in SLC as opposed to ATL. Since we no longer have a domocile there due to what the company said "was an unecessary overlap in bases", Skywest was the LOGICAL BUSINESS CHOICE. It had nothing to do with costs since according to data (which the MGMT denies be correct) ASA has cheaper opperating costs ACROSS THE BOARD!!

With respect to the 150-200 resignations in the last month...NO WAY...Look at the assignments, the line awards...this loss would not go unoticed by ANYONE!!

ASA good luck on your walk out. Fukc the Russian commie bastard. We at Horizon support you and your fight.

Now let me get back to my mocha frappacino.

With respect to our MEC and the claims that they are failing...I would like to say this...BE PATIENT A LITTLE LONGER!!

This process is much out of there control...if MGMT were to walk in and settle without there being any force or threat of a strike...this to me would be an indication that they failed....but to say that they are failing by simply not caving quickly...THAT IS LUDICROUS!!

They can't force the NMB to give us a proffer...they must work towards it...and for those of you who say.."why didn't they do this sooner?"...they can't ask for a proffer until the issues are narrowed to the point where the NMB would believe that they could be closed in the 30 day period. And they can't get to that point until the company cooperates to close the issues....

What I am saying is that the system favors the company...severely and in our present industry, the NMB has not put much pressure on them to get a deal done...BUT WE ARE GETTING CLOSE!! It isn't likely that they will give a proffer on this request..but, after the holidays are over, looking at january or feb, expect to see something then...and once the 30 day clock starts, make no mistake about it, the company will negotiate a deal before a strike!!

For those of you who are concerned that the union is asking for too much, you have to look at it in perspective...the perspective of where everyone else will be 8 years from now...NOT WHERE THEY ARE TODAY...THIS IS WHAT THE MEC IS DOING AND I TRUST THEY WILL COME UP WITH AN EQUITABLE DEAL!!

fl990 if alpas position is those 900 were going to be based in slc, then what about them coming here next month?

also - I have lived in atl for 9 years after 2 in dfw - i love atl, best prices in the us for any major city and a lot of fun. take it over dfw any day

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back