• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilots quitting at record pace...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like the idea of sick out, but it will not work. We we NEED to do is write up every legitimate write-up on the plane. If management seeks some type of action against the pilots, tell them you'll call the FAA. I don't care if you haven't written up anything in the last 6 months. If it's a valid write-up, nothing can be done to you. There is always something to write-up. Rememer that. This is what settled the contract in 98, and also what settled Netjets last contract as well. BTW, the captains there got 10,000 per year of negotiations of retro pay. That's 40,000$ for the captains.

:smash: Sunday 19th NOV 2006......Unofficial Official walkout!!!!!!:smash:
Again, if there is a mass pilot walkout on the 19th.....

First of all, you picked the wrong day. The busiest travel day of the year is the day before Thanksgiving. People don't get the whole week off for Thanksgiving, dumbass.

Second of all, ASA will seek disciplinary action. They will petition the courts to subpoena this website. They will find out who you are. Don't be stupid. Look no further than the Delta open time debacle. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for action, but it must be within the limits of the RLA. I know, it sucks, but that's the way it is. That's the way it was when you signed up to play the game, so don't turn around and bitch 5 years later that the green monster is too high or that the college football overtime rules suck. (I know, weak analogies at best....) You want to take action? Start flying by the book and let the inherent weaknesses in the system work for you. A wildcat sickout helps nobody and it does very little to prove your point. What are you going to do? Walk into the bathroom and scribble something on the stalls about how you walked out to prove your point? Very effective. At best, you'll get 5% of the pilots to walk out with you, and we have more than enough reserves to cover that. Hell, they have more pilots call in sick when Jimmy Buffett comes to town.

Bottom line, like I said before, do what you want. When I tell you this is ill-advised, I'm just trying to look out for you. You really don't want to be sitting there with a big-ass target on your back when ASA's management starts another witch hunt. Believe me, I've seen it.

The only thing a sick out will do is give the schedulers a bad day. I'll admit that, in and of itself, is an admirable goal, but is that really what you hope to achieve???

You say ALPA has nothing to do with it. What does that matter? Illegal is illegal, regardless of union involvement. If you really want to get down to brass tacks, calling in sick when you're not sick is fraud. Do it as a commuter from another state and it might be interpreted as a federal crime. ALPA has nothing to do with it, but it will be the ALPA volunteers that you so readily scoff at that will spend their unpaid time trying to beg, borrow, or steal your job back after you get caught and come crying to the union that you so readily crucify, screaming, "Greivance, greivance, greivance..."

Wanna call in sick on the 19th? Go right ahead. I guarantee you the company will be asking for a doctor's note. It's their right to do so. If you manage to convince enough idiots to call in sick with you, every pilot here will be expected to produce a doctor's note for every sick call.

Tell me again... who, exactly, are you hurting here????

You are the one mentioning alpa every time. Also you mention "wildcats". Like alpa going to do something. With your card number and local ---". Oh, lets have a bowling league with all the other locals :laugh: . They control and effect nothing. If they did have clout, I wouldn't be writing this 4 yrs+ later?(~1,500 DAYS) or at all (see no threat). Just dues.

We'll do it in days.

Never said it was a sick day. Call it what ever.

This day is the start of it. This is the time to do it. NOW!!!

The mother will be telling the 2 children to clean it up.

Last edited:

You are the one mentioning alpa every time. Also you mention "wildcats". Like alpa going to do something. With your card number and local ---". Oh, lets have a bowling league with all the other locals :laugh: . They control and effect nothing. If they did have clout, I wouldn't be writing this 4 yrs+ later?(~1,500 DAYS) or at all (see no threat). Just dues.

We'll do it in days.

Never said it was a sick day. Call it what ever.

This day is the start of it. This is the time to do it. NOW!!!

The mother will be telling the 2 children to clean it up.

You're an idiot. Have fun storming the castle.

Ladies and gentlemen, before you decide not to go to work on the 19th, please consider the possibility that ASALossPaywAlpa is a management individual attempting to bait pilots into doing something that can be followed up with discipline and also be taken the the NMB as evidence that the pilot group is not attempting to negotiate in good faith.

I have long suspected this guy to be management, and I wouldn't put it past our management to do something like this.

I wanted to post, but there is a helicopter hovering over my house.........looking for my screen name perhaps?......hmmmm

I wanted to post, but there is a helicopter hovering over my house.........looking for my screen name perhaps?......hmmmm
REJOICING

I will not take ANY pay cut ever!! I will gladly park ASA's airplanes in the desert than take any pay cut.

If you think your future is at Skypest then fly away. If not shut up and support your MEC!!

BuzzSaw

Yo, da rampah's do a slow down every day yo?

We gonna show da Man, know wha'm sayin?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back