ASA pilots cleaning airplanes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Step away from the crack pipe!

Has anyone seen the guest list for this event? I'm sure it is up on ASA's computers somewhere....

You have some really important people coming, the President of DCI will be there, the EVP of Delta's Flight Operations, VP of Labor Relations, VP of ATL Ops and no less than Jim Whitehurst will be in attendance.

Candidly, it might not be a bad idea for ALPA to send someone who could intelligently & respectfully talk about where ASA is going. The trick will be to figure out where and when - since this event is being held in multiple cities.

Just a few pilots in attendance might give the ASA pilots more access and provide more PR value than laps around the G.O. IMHO ALPA should consider organizing a presence at this thing and dare make it constructive since it is an opprotunity to talk directly to Jerry Atkin's customer and everyone's boss.

Just an idea....

Does anyone honestly think these guys give a rat about anything we say after having heard it for nearly 250 negotiating sessions?
I certainly do not think these weenies care-they would just trumpet the number of people there and not mention that any were there to represent ALPA!

and uh, yeah while you're at it milton, we're gonna need you to take care of that cockroach problem that's downstairs here as well, so yeah, get on your hands and knees.....

seriously, wtf are these people thinking, I dont usually b*tch on here, but with the lines that not even Ms. Cleo and figure out for the month of sept, and now to volunteer my time to clean the herpes out of the airplanes while BL sits in a circle jerk with the rest of mgmt waiting for august to go by so that they dont have to sign this contract, why the he!! would anyone want to do anything for this place? I thought mother delta's ramp would clean it all up! I forgot, all the ASA employees that passed the drug test could come over and play under mother D....great...anyway, back to the beer

For those of you that are stupid, this is a scenario;

So I volunteered on my day off to come in and clean aircraft. Having had a two martinee lunch, I strolled in a little tipsey ready to work and make a few off handed smart ass remarks. One of the crew schedules is there talking with SH, of course about the lack of crew availability, they look at me and say.

SH: "Hey you, your a 200 Cpt, we have a trip for you."

200 Cpt: " Sorry but I am unavailable to fly today!"

SH: "So your refusing a trip?"

200 Cpt: " No, its my day off, I've volunteered to be here, and I had a drink for lunch." (BURP)

SH: "So, refusing a trip, and DRUNK at work." Give me your badge."

200 Cpt: "FOAD, ESAD!

Looks like the University of Wisconsin!

Dick

Does anyone honestly think these guys give a rat about anything we say after having heard it for nearly 250 negotiating sessions?
It is an entirely different crowd. It is an opportunity to meet with Delta's senior management, not ASA, not SkyWest, but the B I G Chief Cohuna.

Just a thinking outside the box idea to apply some leverage. Also, if you have questions, these guys have the answers no one else does.

Last edited:
Delta senior management is in for a surprise when they get inside one of our dirty birds. Or are they gonna bring out ship 937 with new carpet already installed.

If it's happening tonight, no one is gonna answer. Ask tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back