• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilots cleaning airplanes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone seen the guest list for this event? I'm sure it is up on ASA's computers somewhere....

You have some really important people coming, the President of DCI will be there, the EVP of Delta's Flight Operations, VP of Labor Relations, VP of ATL Ops and no less than Jim Whitehurst will be in attendance.

Candidly, it might not be a bad idea for ALPA to send someone who could intelligently & respectfully talk about where ASA is going. The trick will be to figure out where and when - since this event is being held in multiple cities.

Just a few pilots in attendance might give the ASA pilots more access and provide more PR value than laps around the G.O. IMHO ALPA should consider organizing a presence at this thing and dare make it constructive since it is an opprotunity to talk directly to Jerry Atkin's customer and everyone's boss.

Just an idea....

Last edited:
And there's another list seeking volunteers to convince ASA pilots to work hard for 35 minute turns in ATL! The G/O is in La-La land for sure! Hmmm, maybe, just maybe, if we had a fair contract, great schedules, and a friggin' clean bathroom (instead of a left-over puke green paint job from Song), well, maybe something like this would work. Doubt it even then. This management will never have the respect of the majority of ASA pilots because respect has to be earned!

Pilots have never been the reason why there are not 35 minute turns in ATL.

What are they going to do - round trip fuel the jet from the outstation. Who are they kidding with 35 minute turns in ATL?

The more of these ASA threads I read the more thankful I am that I have yet to send in my interview info packet. I'm just holding on to hope that it gets better for you guys!

Seven 700s were down today at last count! C'mon boys, it's gonna take more than that to get a contract! lol

Hah, the planes have been breaking on their own. I bet even THEY are tired of hearing ASA pilots complain about the contract...

Here's an idea; if the planes need to be cleaned the company could HIRE people and PAY them to do the job. As strange as it seems this is actually what many companies do when they need to get a job done.........shocking but true. I believe in our industry those individuals are called "aircraft cleaners" or "groomers." It's one thing to help pick up some trash and straighten things out during a turn if I have time but the after-hours deep cleaning is not my job.

Didn't a pilot just get fined a month's pay for putting a bumper sticker on an airplane? This little "good ideal" may and should get you jail time.

If the company sucks so much, that you want to vandalize their property like a common thug, then QUIT.

I accept that a certain number of people, such as yourself, are hopelessly toolistic (artistic license). But please, if you are going to be a total tool, at least use proper spelling and punctuation. "good ideal"!?! WTFO!?!

I hear the jetblue recruiters will be there.:D

just kidding.... really I am, because i'll probibly be begging you for a job in 2 or 3 years when U furloughs me.

Last edited:
Time to leave gentlemen and ladies. If you don't have an active resume out there with another company this turd buffet will not stop!
Fly safe, the contract and move on!

Latest resources

Back