• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilot surplus...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA is the only DCI carrier without PBS and our MX is expensive... we won't be hiring anytime soon. We're not the second lowest cost carrier out there and as a result our "80% ATL flying" is going out the window.

G, I heard winter of '09 is possible.

I would check your info on this. In the past we were less than Skywest.

Texx,

Bingo!

701EV

From my understanding BH is hoping that MESA tanks or downsizes and we will be able to do flying for United. But AMCND you are right BH doesn't want to furlough but there are some people in mngt that want to. Yeah Acey fliers out there. . . .don't expect to see much happen at ASA.

I've heard two opposite extremes over the last two weeks. From getting 9-900s up to 35 then just yesterday possible furloughing in January.

Delta is having some big meetings in Nov. to determine the flying distribution and future business plans. And the pilots are succumbing to a seniority list deadline (Nov 22) so with all the chips slowly coming down, it's only another 3 months till we finally hear something.

Speculation is a pilots worse enemy.

ASA is the only DCI carrier without PBS and our MX is expensive... we won't be hiring anytime soon. We're not the second lowest cost carrier out there and as a result our "80% ATL flying" is going out the window.

G, I heard winter of '09 is possible.

The 80% rule is a combo of ASA/Skywest, not just Skywest.

The 80% rule applies to future flying up for bid, not current flying, which is locked for 15 years.

For example if Delta puts new flying up for bid that cuts into 80% that flying will go to ASA/Skywest as long as they are the 2nd lowest bidder or better.

Latest resources

Back