Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

Well, I'm in jet training.

During a lengthy lunch break, I decided to tour the new A-tech (sp?). I found the 'cube that housed the pilot recruitment/hiring folks.

Earliest possible hiring is speculated to be mid '09.

ASA is currently ~300 pilots overstaffed.

During a lengthy lunch break, I decided to tour the new A-tech (sp?). I found the 'cube that housed the pilot recruitment/hiring folks.

Earliest possible hiring is speculated to be mid '09.

ASA is currently ~300 pilots overstaffed.

In response to your signature: What would Ronald Reagan do? He'd fire 300 pilots!

In all seriousness, I'm surprised because mid 2009 almost seems too early.

Any word on attrition?

I'm guessing somethings up? Why else would ASA have 300 extra pilots.

701EV

The man in charge of hiring (DR) said no plans of hiring for 2009 as of now. But of course that all could change tomorrow. You can thank the economy and Delta.

But Pinnacle and Mesaba will be growing and hiring for their new ATL hubs! Hey, maybe our 300 extra pilots could go there. It would probably be a better deal, like the bunch of pilots that jumped over to Skywest when SLC closed.

ASA is the only DCI carrier without PBS and our MX is expensive... we won't be hiring anytime soon. We're not the second lowest cost carrier out there and as a result our "80% ATL flying" is going out the window.

G, I heard winter of '09 is possible.

Wow, a furlough is less painful than sitting around a crash pad making min guarantee. At least you can work at Mcdonalds and make more out in the real world.

I hear McD's is hiring.

During a lengthy lunch break, I decided to tour the new A-tech (sp?). ASA is currently ~300 pilots overstaffed.

Next time your over there ask a mech. in the hanger why they had to move the tail platforms back in the hanger.

Latest resources

Back