Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really the point. All kidding aside, if I were on the jury, I would listen to the evidence to determine a verdict. My point is that probability is not on the defendant's side. Stating this fact does not mean he is declared guilty.

I agree with you. The first task a GOOD lawyer performs is to advise the jury that just because you are here does not mean the accused is probably guilty. Listen to the facts and make your own determination.

No way! Seriously? :rolleyes:

I assumed that someone with such an intimate knowledge of the criminal judicial system would likely be familiar with the concept of "peremptory challenges" but then again you know what happens when you assume...

Here's your sign... And a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peremptory_challenge
Actually, upon further review, I am familiar with the concept of peremptory challenges, because that's precisely what I described. I was just unfamiliar with the legal term. I guess I do have an intimate knowledge of the criminal justice system. Therefore, your assumptions are well founded. Don't beat yourself up. We all make mistakes.

Last edited:
Actually, upon further review, I am familiar with the concept of peremptory challenges, because that's precisely what I described. I was just unfamiliar with the legal term. I guess I do have an intimate knowledge of the criminal justice system. Therefore, your assumptions are well founded. Don't beat yourself up. We all make mistakes.

Hey, go and clean out your garage or something! ;-)

In The Gulag Archipelago, Solzhenitsyn describes the process of arrest, investigation, interrogation and trial under Stalin. Those very few who did not confess to make the interrogation stop and for whom there was insufficient evidence to convict them of the crime for which they were arrested were found guilty of the crime of being guilty. The sentence for being guilty was 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back