Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrested on 4th day of a trip reporting for work in BTR for arson and death of somebody's husband back in October. Cops made a big spectacle of it, as cops generally do, and slammed him down outside of security. He was coordinating with the cops and was going to turn himself in when he returned.. The authorities had other plans.

Doesn't ASA have a CRM program? Isn't flying with a murder arrest warrant frowned upon as too much stress for a pilot to handle, or do they give specific training on how to "compartmentalize?"

Why are you assuming he/they are guilty? Do you have access to some inside information that hasn't been made public yet? And why are you using the term "aggravating factors" as if you're some kind of attorney? Finally, why do you feel compelled to impress the FI crowd with your legal prowess? I'm sure we all watch Law & Order too! :rolleyes:

My guess is that they pressure the pilot to testify against the wife in exchange for a suspended sentence or a dropping of the murder/arson charges to some related misdemeanor as an accessory.
Thank you for recognizing my outstanding legal prowess. I offer it without any type of fee. To answer your question, yes I do have access to specific legal infornation. It's called the Newspaper. The prosecutor has compiled an adequate amount of evidence to file a charge on behalf of the people of the State of Georgia that describes the charges of Arson and Felony Murder. If you murder someone with extra special diabolical attention, it becomes an aggravating factor, which often carries extra special punishment. The prosecutor waited two months to file the charges. He was working with arson investigators to compile the evidence. Prosecutors rarely bring cases to trial for fun, therefore, I suspect he has substantial evidence. I don't know if the suspects are guilty or not, but the guy called the prosecutor and his office believe that these two people are guilty. He will attempt to prove his beliefs, on behalf of the people, and if he is successful he will then seek to end the life of the suspects through a legal execution. If the jury is cowardly, the convicts will get life in prison or assigned to pick up trash on the highway. If the suspects have been wrongly charged then I feel bad, if they are guilty then I don't feel bad. Regardless of the outcome, you are a clueless dolt...

I remember flying with that dude on one of my last flights with ASA. I thought he was married to a Doctor?

O.C.G.A. § 17-10-30

GEORGIA CODE
Copyright 2010 by The State of Georgia
All rights reserved.
*** Current Through the 2010 Regular Session ***
*** Annotations Current Through September 24, 2010 ***
TITLE 17. CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 10. SENTENCE AND PUNISHMENT
ARTICLE 2. DEATH PENALTY GENERALLY
O.C.G.A. § 17-10-30 (2010)
§ 17-10-30. Procedure for imposition of death penalty generally

(a) The death penalty may be imposed for the offenses of aircraft hijacking or treason in any case.

(b) In all cases of other offenses for which the death penalty may be authorized, the judge shall consider, or he shall include in his instructions to the jury for it to consider, any mitigating circumstances or aggravating circumstances otherwise authorized by law and any of the following statutory aggravating circumstances which may be supported by the evidence:

(1) The offense of murder, rape, armed robbery, or kidnapping was committed by a person with a prior record of conviction for a capital felony;

(2) The offense of murder, rape, armed robbery, or kidnapping was committed while the offender was engaged in the commission of another capital felony or aggravated battery, or the offense of murder was committed while the offender was engaged in the commission of burglary or arson in the first degree;

I didn't know they could use the death penalty for hijacking-wonder if anyone's been executed for it

Details on the Death Penalty...........really??? Come on- give the guy the benafit of the doubt, and let this thing go to trial, where the jury will decide the fate. This is probably some bull&**t deal where the guy was at the wrong place and there at the wrong time. And no Sunlit- not everything that floats across the D.A.'s desk gets a thumbs up, and a guilty verdict. You aren't a lawyer yet....................or at least a good one. Anyway- what sucks for the guy is that even if he IS inocent, and found that way by a jury, he's going to have to face clowns here that will always think otherwise. Even without having heard the facts, as presented in the courtroom.

Regardless of the outcome, you are a clueless dolt...

And you are a big mouthed know it all who needs to learn to listen instead of constantly saying stupid things.

If you actually had any experience in the law, you would know that a prosecutor's job is to prosecute. Even if he knows he has a weak case, he will bring charges because that's his job. If he didn't, he'd be accused of being soft on crime and not doing his duties. The prosecutor knows that it's not his job to determine if the person did it, and he doesn't really care; he knows that's the judge or jury's job to decide. The only way to let that happen is to bring charges. His only job is to bring charges. Do you get it now?

Regardless, let's all stop prognosticating about our opinion of whether he's guilty or not. It's bad enough that the media is all over this. This discussion is extremely inappropriate how many are making fun of this guy. Charges and arrests do not mean guilty, especially in the state of Georgia. Georgia's criminal laws are notoriously biased against defendants with few of the checks and balances other states afford. Basically, anyone can be arrested and charged with no hearings, indictments, anything. In fact, there's an old saying in GA legal circles that all it takes to get an arrest warrant in GA is one crying witness and $25. Prosecutors here tend to take a fire ready aim approach, throwing everything they can at the defendant, hoping something will stick so they can get another conviction on their belt. Just because someone is arrested and charged does not mean they are guilty.

Now let's stop throwing this guy under the bus and wait for the outcome of the trial! A lot of people hare are showing an astounding level of immaturity and such really degrades the public perception of pilots!

70% of people charged with murder are found guilty. The rest had good attorneys. A few are innocent, (like OJ). They are found guilty because evidence proved they committed the crime. Statistically, when someone is charged with murder in the US, it's most likely they did it. I sincerely hope the case we are discussing is different. I hope everyone gets to go home, but that is improbable. Murder cases are intriguing. That's why people spend millions of dollars on books and movies about murder and mystery. I think it's nice that the accused murderer's friends are defending him on this forum. Will you be his friend if he is convicted of burning a man to death?
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=qa&iid=403

Last edited:
If I ever go on trial remind me to have my lawyer burn a peremptory challenge to keep sunlitpath out of the jury box. Guilty until proven innocent, and if that there persecutor brought the charges there ain't no way he's innocent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back