ASA performance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

just curious...if skywest INC owns ASA... and we are dead last in performance every day, in both hubs, is that a reflection more on Jerry or Brad?

I, and almost every pilot i have flown with, always try to get flights out on time, but seriously after all this time, CT, SH, BH and JA and whoever the new guy is....can you really come into the pilot pounge and talk about performance with a straight face. As the new contract comes around, and they start talking performance numbers again... I am all for just sitting back and laughing... british parliament style...everytime they start talking about performance and the connection to pilots...... just laugh louder...drown them out until they get to the next topic

Now, on the other hand......if they came in and stated........ hey guys look... when we make high block... our performance improves...when we lower block times, performance deteriorates... there is absolutely no coorelation to pilots and our poor performance.... and oh yes... we know atlanta ramp sucks... it sucked under george and john, it sucked before delta bought you... it sucked after delta sold you.. and it sucks with delta rampers running it. We know the performance has nothing to do with you and we will not insult your intelligence by even mentioning it at part of the contract negotiations... and yes we know 1 mechanic in ORD is a bad idea....then i might actually start believing some things they say.

Last edited:
So next time ask out loud, "What can WE do as pilots to improve our D-0?"

We need to gut out the entire operations department and bring fresh talent in. This bunch is a joke.

That alpa email sent out about how they tried to "unstack" and use our reserves for open time says pretty much how things are going here. Get by with just enough. We are short staffed, they know it and there is nothing they are going to do about it.

My personal belief is that we are short staffed for a reason, the reason? The fall draw down. It happens every fall but I think it will be worse this year. Contrary to popular belief, the folks running the place aren't as stupid as most like to think. But what do I know...

just curious...if skywest INC owns ASA... and we are dead last in performance every day, in both hubs, is that a reflection more on Jerry or Brad?

I, and almost every pilot i have flown with, always try to get flights out on time, but seriously after all this time, CT, SH, BH and JA and whoever the new guy is....can you really come into the pilot pounge and talk about performance with a straight face. As the new contract comes around, and they start talking performance numbers again... I am all for just sitting back and laughing... british parliament style...everytime they start talking about performance and the connection to pilots...... just laugh louder...drown them out until they get to the next topic

Now, on the other hand......if they came in and stated........ hey guys look... when we make high block... our performance improves...when we lower block times, performance deteriorates... there is absolutely no coorelation to pilots and our poor performance.... and oh yes... we know atlanta ramp sucks... it sucked under george and john, it sucked before delta bought you... it sucked after delta sold you.. and it sucks with delta rampers running it. We know the performance has nothing to do with you and we will not insult your intelligence by even mentioning it at part of the contract negotiations... and yes we know 1 mechanic in ORD is a bad idea....then i might actually start believing some things they say.

Spoke with an ATL ramper last week about their "huddle" before parking us. I was told that the rampers are not happy with the post merger airline. Apparently the NWA ramp pay is still separate from the DAL pay scale and that the NWA rampers in ATL are not happy to still be getting paid less than their DAL counterparts.

The extremely slow huddles, followed by an exaggeratedly slow walk to the aircraft are all a message by that group to let mgmt know they are not happy.

Their safety cards say that a "huddle" should be performed with every arrival, so they are going by the book and following their own "FOM."

My personal belief is that we are short staffed for a reason, the reason? The fall draw down. It happens every fall but I think it will be worse this year. Contrary to popular belief, the folks running the place aren't as stupid as most like to think. But what do I know...

I completely agree. JA, etc know what they are doing... and I also agree... a drawdown is likely... my point was please dont come into the pilot lounge and say anything about performance and pilots other than say "we are sorry... its not you"

as far as big drawdown, possible...... but there is a drawdown for everyone... EJ, OO, SA, EV, OH, etc.....and why are we dead last almost every day in both hubs..are we taking a huge draw down in IAD for UCON? i thought we signed a 10 year contract... why are we dead last there almost, if not, every single day....

We arent dead last everyday. Its not mathematically possible based on:

For the month of may we are #2 (out of 8) in DCI for CF, #7 for D0, #7 for A0, and #6 for A14.

If you think our performance and staffing is very bad, check out 9E. CF of 96.4% so far in May

Don't let the bean-counters get you down. Since when does management care about what we think anyway? We're just stupid pilots, remember?

Plan to be late every leg (including the last one), enjoy the over-block, expect to be dinged with "08M - Late Completion of Checklist" (which I have yet to be reprimanded for), and give professional/timely explanations to the passengers.

That's all we can do. I stopped plugging in delay codes and writing RIFs. Value my observation with action, and I'll give it to you.

Don't let them get your blood pressure up. Stress does kill. It's a medical fact. I'm tired of my plans getting ruined, too. But don't empower this company to steal years from your life.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best. And don't forget to smile---right after you drop a gargantuan fart right in the middle of the next Leadership Town Hall Meeting.

Latest resources

Back