• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA performance as of late...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Starting the APU because you don't want to wait for ground power is ridiculous. The additional cycles will cause many more APU problems.

Delta tracks APU time - not engine time. Who cares if it takes them 3 or 4 minutes to hook it up....it's still cheaper than putting a cycle on the APU

Ground Power, APUs and Deferrals

I was watching at a mainline gate a couple of weeks ago - before the 767 pulled in the rampers had the power cord stretched out and ready to plug in. Parking brake set, chocks in, and power plugged in. Nice and quick. Our rampers wait for us to park, then wait for the gate agent to move the jet bridge back and forth a few times before they finaly get it in position, THEN the rampers might think about grabbing the power cord and plugging it in. I honestly don't understand whey that can't get the cord out and ready to plug in right away.

With all the harping on saving gas - I have been guilty of starting the APU so we don't sit there with an engine running for so long waiting for the ground power. But given the APU problems, I'll leave it off from now on.

Deferrals - the planes are running out of deferral stickers and the plastic sleeves can't hold all the pages of deferred maintenance items. Someone complained of 5 deferreals - I wish I could have a plane with only 5. Are there any 700s with two gear doors? The organizing drive crossed my mind - but it may be turnover in the maintenance department. I'd be curious to know. The cold weather is causing problems too - I swear it took and hour and a half for the electrons to thaw out in Milwaukee recently. Some of the systems in the cockpit check wouldn't test at all.

I was watching at a mainline gate a couple of weeks ago - before the 767 pulled in the rampers had the power cord stretched out and ready to plug in. Parking brake set, chocks in, and power plugged in. Nice and quick. Our rampers wait for us to park, then wait for the gate agent to move the jet bridge back and forth a few times before they finaly get it in position, THEN the rampers might think about grabbing the power cord and plugging it in. I honestly don't understand whey that can't get the cord out and ready to plug in right away.

With all the harping on saving gas - I have been guilty of starting the APU so we don't sit there with an engine running for so long waiting for the ground power. But given the APU problems, I'll leave it off from now on.

Deferrals - the planes are running out of deferral stickers and the plastic sleeves can't hold all the pages of deferred maintenance items. Someone complained of 5 deferreals - I wish I could have a plane with only 5. Are there any 700s with two gear doors? The organizing drive crossed my mind - but it may be turnover in the maintenance department. I'd be curious to know. The cold weather is causing problems too - I swear it took and hour and a half for the electrons to thaw out in Milwaukee recently. Some of the systems in the cockpit check wouldn't test at all.

Sounds like ASA SUCKS!

In ATL, the newer Jetbridge WILL NOT MOVE, if the power cord is not stowed. I think this is the case at many stations.

In the past I have prefered to have the APU running, then shut it down, but if we are having a spike in APU problems due to cycles, I will gladly stop. The company needs to drive this point home with hard facts to the pilots, about which is better overall.

I'd also like better guidence on which the company would rather have in regard to CI or ontime arrival. what if you are trying to make up time and very close to a A14?

Anybody know facts?

Medeco

Ok guys, what the foxtrot is happening out there??

All these maintenance delays are starting to piss me off...I hope none of this has to do with them trying to get a union on property...
You guys make me laugh, First you say the SW pilots stole your 900's, but when you get the 900's from Mesaba its ok. Now the MX guys are possibly slowing down and your pissed, did you guys not do a slow down when you wanted a contract. You guys whine like OH b!tches.

With the current conditions, its ok for NO ONE to slow down the airline. The volatility of DCI flying right now will cause any flying to be taken away from us at a whim.

I am still fairly junior, the possibility of me being furloughed is still real. I dont think the pilots quarrel caused anyone to sign up for unemployment bennies.

Whats it to you anyway? Do you fly for ASA? It was a question directed towards ASA pilots to see if that is really the problem, or if its just been my luck lately to see maintenance disturbances.
So shoo.
When asa did the slow down DCI flying was a big threat. By reading your post its obvious, the slow down helped you, the mx slow down does not, so its wrong. Your perfect for ASA

Last edited:
Nope, no furlough. My name is on the contract, which has a no furlough clause.

Ruh Roh! Take your head outta your a*s!

You're mentally handicapped aren't you? You make absolutely no sense.

I bet you make management cream themselves everytime you run your mouth on the internet.

Latest resources

Back