• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spent 10-15 minutes to bid. 15 days off. Got everything I wanted. I feel like PBS has been scheduling mini vacations for me into every month.

Take your line bidding and blow it out your ***.

Spent 10-15 minutes to bid. 15 days off. Got everything I wanted. I feel like PBS has been scheduling mini vacations for me into every month.

I second.

I feel like PBS has been scheduling mini vacations for me into every month.

This. I was able to build a 9 day off stretch in the middle of the month (no vacation). The pairings I was assigned are exactly the type of trips I wanted. It might have been possible to get the off time I wanted with line bidding, but would have required numerous swaps after the initial award. Those swaps could (and likely would) have been denied or the available pairings could have been inferior. This way worked great and I was done bidding after about 15 minutes. If you know how to use the advanced editor you can seriously cut down your bidding time.

There are definitely work rules that could use improvement, but I've been happy with my schedule every month since they flipped the switch.

First you negotiate the price of the car (regardless of finance options)
Second you negotiate any extras you require (floormats and under coating)
Third you negotiate the price of your trade in vehicle
Fourth you negotiate financing options.

When you combine them into one package deal, you will not win the negotiations.

X

low ball 'em, then have 'em throw in the extra stuff for no more than 1/2 what they want for them, sell your trade-in yourself (more moola), have your own financing done before you get there. then you win! :smash:

We shall see where the rubber meets the road when they actually give us a TA to vote on. That said, enjoy it while you have it. I know I am.

This PBS magic is all SOP with XJT's line bidding and work rules. The only difference is the flexibility of the XJT system.

About 30 minutes total to build my bid sheet up, could have done it in half that once I figured it out. 21 days off in a row with 1 week of vacation. I get my 75 hour guarantee.

Nothing wrong with PBS but I am a 200 Captain and I only credit 65 hours this month. Would like close to 100 and bid for 85. Again not PBS but lousy pairings!!!

PBS works fine for me...No complaints here...Another good schedule...

Latest resources

Back