• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no issues with PBS either. No vacation and the first 13 days of Sept off then 3 four day trips to finish off the month. I have no complaints.

If you have vacation which requires 60 hours of credit to complete your PBS schedule and you bid two four day trips which with preassigned credit gives you 71 hours. Can you drop a round trip without being docked pay as long as you stay above 60 hours?

If you have vacation which requires 60 hours of credit to complete your PBS schedule and you bid two four day trips which with preassigned credit gives you 71 hours. Can you drop a round trip without being docked pay as long as you stay above 60 hours?

If you lose block hours compared to your final award, the MMG proration formula kicks in. That'll hurt.

September vacation and AQP. I got 17 days in a row off and a 3 day trip. 22 days off for the month. July vacation I managed 24 days in a row rolling into Aug. Gotta love pbs...

Did that easily with the old system and took maybe 5 minutes to bid...no need to trick the computer into not giving junk.....takes forever to bid now

But with the old system you didn't get paid anywhere near guarantee where PBS you do...

1 week of vacation in sept. got 20 days off in a row and getting paid 75 hrs....

takes me about 10 minutes to bid. I hold a much better schedule than i ever did under line bidding and i'm in about the bottom 3rd.

But with the old system you didn't get paid anywhere near guarantee where PBS you do...

1 week of vacation in sept. got 20 days off in a row and getting paid 75 hrs....

That's a work rule and not a function the bidding process. Be careful to not attach the two. If you do then you will shoot yourself in the foot with contract negotiations. You can negotiate pay, schedule, guarantee, and workrules, but if you negotiated any of the above as a package deal then you are showing that you do not understand how professional negotiating works.

First you negotiate the price of the car (regardless of finance options)
Second you negotiate any extras you require (floormats and under coating)
Third you negotiate the price of your trade in vehicle
Fourth you negotiate financing options.

When you combine them into one package deal, you will not win the negotiations.

X

PBS is awesome, speaking as a RES and a line holder. This month 23 days off (including 1 week of vacation) and gurantee to take home. It builds decent lines (as long as you know how to bid), beats the heck out of the old ASA line bidding (flica, in-house) systems hands down!! As always everything and every rules needs a bit of tweaking, but overall it is a really good system.

Latest resources

Back