• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am all for the furloughs coming back. Someone was complaining about a 40% paycut and not want to reduce down to guarantee. I was just trying to point out that there are 136 fine guys and gals in a much worse position.

If you want to do your part to getting them back, then don't take calls at 3 am unless you're on call at 3 am. Don't help the company out by letting them abuse you on reserve. I'll loan you the money if you need it for a house payment, with interest of course. Hold scheduling's feet to the fire if they call you out of bucket. I'm sure you want to fly on reserve and not sit at home or in a crash pad, but if you're letting scheduling take advantage of you, just remember they're also taking advantage of the furloughed pilots.

Why the paycut?? Was that a downgrade?
Honest question....

Yes I "took" a downgrade... And that's fine. I'm not bitter and realize there is not much I can do about that. I want the furloughs back as much as the next person, but my loyalty resides with my wife and family first and foremost. It has to.

An no I would never pick up any of the "premium" flying...

AirTran is a lateral move.

Semi-agree, but if can can get on there early on you can make a lot more money eventually. I would be making nearly double there at my longevity. Now, though, it would take me too long to recoup my pay over there.

PBS Sucks

In a year, you will be a disciple of Prefbid.

It has been a year, and I am not a disciple of PrefBid, although in fairness we haven't had nearly as many bid cycles as we were to have by this time.

I don't like PrefBid because:
  • I have to bid below guarantee to hold consistent days of the week off. This is instruction from a PBS trainer. I have to bid low to hold the same days of the week off from week to week (working Monday through Friday), the idea being to plus up my schedule from open time after the final award.
  • The pairings I get are crappier, and I get a lot more of the 24 hour plus overnights in outstations. These gems used to be spread around a lot more, but now they are a bite of the crap sandwich that senior guys aren't afflicted with.
Basically, I work the same number of day for less pay, and the trips suck more. To make what I used to under line bidding, I have to work for free since I am already below guarantee.
Overall, PBS has cost me money and quality of life.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back