ASA PBS Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ding ding ding

It has been a year, and I am not a disciple of PrefBid, although in fairness we haven't had nearly as many bid cycles as we were to have by this time.

I don't like PrefBid because:
  • I have to bid below guarantee to hold consistent days of the week off. This is instruction from a PBS trainer. I have to bid low to hold the same days of the week off from week to week (working Monday through Friday), the idea being to plus up my schedule from open time after the final award.
  • The pairings I get are crappier, and I get a lot more of the 24 hour plus overnights in outstations. These gems used to be spread around a lot more, but now they are a bite of the crap sandwich that senior guys aren't afflicted with.
Basically, I work the same number of day for less pay, and the trips suck more. To make what I used to under line bidding, I have to work for free since I am already below guarantee.
Overall, PBS has cost me money and quality of life.

This guy hits it on the nose.
No pbs at the SUPER DUPER regional jcba
Not at express and not at asa

Well it looks like the MEC is starting to figure out the crap storm they pushed on us will be a big pay cut for the top 50%. They are figuring out that the company can set the line value at 60hrs and with the +/- 15 that is a top of 75hrs for the month every month not just Sept and Jan. Add to that no open time with pbs and no language for trip pairings you will fly 4 crap trips for 70-75hrs. Everyone at min pay, brilliant! Now the company is fighting the Mec on intent so bad they may have to put the PBS back out for a new vote. Like I said before look at the red arrow BS, and now they can't even agree on what they agreed on for pbs to get it even started.
Speedtape may have to apologize sooner than I thought! :)

Nobody listened to you..

[*]The pairings I get are crappier, and I get a lot more of the 24 hour plus overnights in outstations. These gems used to be spread around a lot more, but now they are a bite of the crap sandwich that senior guys aren't afflicted with.
[/LIST]

What is your seniority in your seat/base?

FWIW, if I have to do 4-days I love 24+ hour overnights, especially in ORD, CVG, MEM, etc. I'll bid those ahead of other 4-days even if the credit is less.

Not so sure I agree in Feb, with higher credit pairings I worked the same four 4 days, and got 90 hrs credit. With PBS, I had more flexibility to choose the pairings I desired and the specific days I wanted to work.

Now, with crappy pairings................

Wrong. We all win with PBS. We get the luxury of keeping our jobs, and proving to Jerry that we are willing to play ball. Management gets to bid for more work since we look more competitive.

WE would have been the only losers if we had voted this down. Jerry would just use that as proof that we aren't a good group of pilots to keep around, and shrink us one by one.

Jesus I hope you are kidding. Words can't decribe how much I am laughing at what you said. Just keep kissing their A$$

We should offer to buy them an iPad if they go two months without screwing up the bid award or payroll.

Bid close delayed for this month. Can they get it right just once?!?!?!?

How were they "unable to bid"?????? Were they all locked in a computerless room since the 10th? Are you kidding me! Everyone knows the deadline!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back