• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS = No more CDO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're wrong. This is a ATL CRJ200 only issue so its obviously the short stage lengths thats screwing everything up, not PBS. These 17 hr 4 days on the jet would be 20-22 hrs on the ATR or Brasilia.

We should have gone for trip rigs in this agreement. Without something to stop them, the company can and will screw us each and every single month. Exactly as I have always warned.

Rationalize it whatever way you need to. If they run these trips through our system, we will all be trying to rationalize away that painful sensation in our buttholes.

-For a bunch of us, this will result in min days off and close to min guarantee!!!! YAAAYYY!

Last edited:
We average over 5 hrs a day in productivity here at XJT. All of my 4 days next month are over 23 hrs with shows after 1300 and finishes before 1700 and that is in ORD where we have smaller stage lengths like the ATL CRJ200.

The stage lengths you guys do in ORD maybe short but are nowhere near ATL CRJ200 short. Our IAD guys do the same type of flying and no problems with the pairing there as well

We should have gone for trip rigs in this agreement. Without something to stop them, the company can and will screw us each and every single month. Exactly as I have always warned.

Rationalize it whatever way you need to. If they run these trips through our system, we will all be trying to rationalize away that painful sensation in our buttholes.

-For a bunch of us, this will result in min days off and close to min guarantee!!!! YAAAYYY!

17x4=68

The credit window low is 67. Hardly anyone will get min days off. Everyone will be at min guarantee yes but if you set your personal credit threshold at 60 your schedule will be complete once you hit 67. Most should be able to get 13-15 days off.

I do agree we need trip rigs though

BTW, you learn how to bid yet?

17x4=68

The credit window low is 67. Hardly anyone will get min days off. Everyone will be at min guarantee yes but if you set your personal credit threshold at 60 your schedule will be complete once you hit 67. Most should be able to get 13-15 days off.

I do agree we need trip rigs though

BTW, you learn how to bid yet?

Yes the credit window is low but so are the pairing values, which is the problem. My guess is they will have to lower it more to complete schedules. Take a look at some of the pairings, it also looks like next month will allow us plenty of time to rot away in a hotel room.

CDOs and schedules

Yes, it looks like the company is trying to eliminate the CDOs. If you are not happy with the pairings this month (especially the lack of CDOs), please email Brad Holt and CC one of the ALPA reps with your complaint. The more people that email him the better. If he "wants" to do something about it, he can. It definitely can't hurt.

Like someone else mentioned, if you want the company to pay you 8 hours for a CDO, you can't blame them for eliminating them. Same thing goes for duty rigs and min-day-pay. Pinnacle can build more efficient trips because they can use CDO's and other things that don't cost the company a fortune for a relatively small amount of flying.

Funny how the CDO's pay the most for the least amount of flying, and are always flown by the most senior folks in the company....How did that happen? Get rid of them, they suck to fly anyway, and let some of these old farts move on.....And yes they go very senior in both seats....

Or if you want really want to keep them, just take guarantee for them like we used to....

So you pay guarantee for CDOs. You still get paid 75 hours for about 30 hours of work. Don't you think the company would be on the warpath to eliminate them as well?

It's not a PBS thing, or a duty rig thing. If there's money to be saved, the company is interested in saving it.

So you pay guarantee for CDOs. You still get paid 75 hours for about 30 hours of work. Don't you think the company would be on the warpath to eliminate them as well?

It's not a PBS thing, or a duty rig thing. If there's money to be saved, the company is interested in saving it.

They might be. But before the new contract, we had a ton of CDO lines, then they shrunk, and now almost gone...

The stage lengths you guys do in ORD maybe short but are nowhere near ATL CRJ200 short. Our IAD guys do the same type of flying and no problems with the pairing there as well

No problems with IAD? I heard from an XJT union line builder that IAD average daily productivity was less than 4 hrs recently. Sounds like a problem to me and it isn't with PBS, it with your god awful pairing construction system. 60% 4 days really limits daily productivity for the group. I'll take a 23 hr 4 day over a 15 hr 3 day.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back