• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS = No more CDO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Line bid schedules would be just as bad! It's the pairings, not the method of bidding. We would just see all the lines pre built into 75 hrs at min days off. The solution is to get better pairings or up the min day to 5 hrs to motivate them to make better trips.

These bad pairings are not a function of PBS...they are a function of bad pairings. In other words, PBS is NOT to blame. If they wanted to make bad schedules, they would have MORE control through line bidding than with PBS. That is the universal statement that applies here that we need to remember....not matter what the problem, line bidding gives the company MORE control, NOT LESS.

Yes I am angry, but PBS is not the problem. For the last few years, the company has been dropping the line values this time of year...its nothing new. I truly feel that the company does not fully understand this system, and in the end, they are shooting themselves in the foot by doing this.

Its clear we need more input into pairing construction, but be careful what you wish for in terms of duty rigs, high min days, high trip rigs....those things are good but can have undesirable consiquences.

Ditto..

People have been bitching about me here for a while, but this is verbatim what I said would happen. I hate it, for all of us, but we are finding out what "reasonable" and "efficient" means to our company.

-We are screwed, for a very long time, unless we really grow some balls in this JCBA. We really need to face the fact that our company will never "be nice" and never learn to "play ball."

If they run this system with these pairings, we will see how pissed people can get. I say we should let it happen for a month, and everyone will be able to experience the full effect of this wonderful agreement.

You're wrong. This is a ATL CRJ200 only issue so its obviously the short stage lengths thats screwing everything up, not PBS. These 17 hr 4 days on the jet would be 20-22 hrs on the ATR or Brasilia.

It's also due to blame that Delta's perimeter on the 50 is so short, the average stage length is about 1:19. This is a main reason the pairings are bad in such quantity...

Line bid schedules would be just as bad! It's the pairings, not the method of bidding. We would just see all the lines pre built into 75 hrs at min days off. The solution is to get better pairings or up the min day to 5 hrs to motivate them to make better trips.

You're right, but I think the company's hands are tied due to the ATL 200 flying they're give by Delta. Just finished a 4 day trip with NO flights over 400 miles that included a 6 leg day. When I hear of my co workers on the 70 doing ATL-MTJ or DTW-JAX and crediting 27hrs on their 4 day after overblock, a tear comes to my eyes...

You're right, but I think the company's hands are tied due to the ATL 200 flying they're give by Delta. Just finished a 4 day trip with NO flights over 400 miles that included a 6 leg day. When I hear of my co workers on the 70 doing ATL-MTJ or DTW-JAX and crediting 27hrs on their 4 day after overblock, a tear comes to my eyes...

Agree 1000%. The 200 is GARBAGE!

These bad pairings are not a function of PBS...they are a function of bad pairings. In other words, PBS is NOT to blame. If they wanted to make bad schedules, they would have MORE control through line bidding than with PBS. That is the universal statement that applies here that we need to remember....not matter what the problem, line bidding gives the company MORE control, NOT LESS.

Yes I am angry, but PBS is not the problem. For the last few years, the company has been dropping the line values this time of year...its nothing new. I truly feel that the company does not fully understand this system, and in the end, they are shooting themselves in the foot by doing this.

Its clear we need more input into pairing construction, but be careful what you wish for in terms of duty rigs, high min days, high trip rigs....those things are good but can have undesirable consiquences.

You're obviously the only one who gets it. Your shipmates should listen up.

Latest resources

Back