• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS mock bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good idea. Cost the company money. That way when we bid for new business we cost more than our competitors, and we won't get the contracts. :)

dude the Co be wanting PBS, they can pay for it, and we still will get contracts.

It's not that difficult to learn. If you're over 45, were on the ATR for like 19 years and didn't make the cut during jet transition, then yes, you may not like it. Otherwise, it's not a bad thing... and plenty sophisticated to do what you want if you PRACTICE. Now where's mah practice bid at?

XJET guys better pay attention:

This system gives far too much control to the company. We are just trying to sugar-coat things to make it look like our agreement doesn't suck so much.

"software problems" my ass! This system sorts trips real pretty, but it still gives the company WAAAAYYY to much license to break one off in some uncomfortable place.

-This agreement needs serious fixes. You can't blame me for getting this crap shoved up our collective pooper-I voted "NO!"

Just out of curiosity, do you work in crew planning...'cause, I'm just wondering how gaining the ability to individually choose your pairings and "self construct" your line gives the COMPANY more control building your line than what they currently have, and the only explaination that I can come up with is that you work for crew planning.

Truth is, right now, you have no say in the line construction...you simply scuffle over the lines THEY construct. You are stuck in THEIR schedule pattern (ie. 4 on, 3 off...etc), and have limited ability to customize anything...our PBS system gives you that ability.

Personally, I am ready to get this thing turned on.

I just successfully turned another 7 Day Vacation in September into 22 days off. I can't believe you guys voted for PBS. I really can't believe that I am having to listen to all these "YES" votes bitch about the system.

I just successfully turned another 7 Day Vacation in September into 22 days off. I can't believe you guys voted for PBS. I really can't believe that I am having to listen to all these "YES" votes bitch about the system.

But at what expense? You got screwed by the MMG formula for dropping those trip conflicts. With PBS you still get 22 days off using only one week of vacation without the pay hit. Sign me up.

The Min for Sept is 70 hrs of credit to complete a line per the PBS bid package. By taking a virtual credit of 28 hrs for vacation, that leaves you with 42 hrs to pickup. So, if you pickup two 4days that are 21 hrs each, for example (there are 278), or other combinations that add up to 42 hrs credit over 8 days of work, you can have 22 days off in the PBS system as well. Best of all, you can do this by completely customizing your schedule and working on the days YOU WANT to work...(ie 4 on, 2 off, 4 on...this would give you up to 20 days off in a row...you could also combine other pairing lengths...) AND, all this is done WHILE GETTING PAID GAURANTEE!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back