• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS mock bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This mock bid is useless, and that's because there's no incentive to participate. Pilots are generally lazy and therefore won't take the time to do anything. All it takes is one person senior to me to not bid and the results are worthless.

Some airlines fixed this problem by paying a token amount for participating in the mock bid. We all know that won't happen at ASA. What they should do, at least for one month, is to tie the mock bid to your line bid. If you don't put in a mock bid, you don't get your line bid and get stuck with reserve. That would be enough motivation to get everybody on board. They would one have to do that for one month and people would quickly learn.

Really, I don't need practice on how to bid. I need to learn what my seniority will hold under PBS so I can bid appropriately. I already know what my seniority will hold under line bidding, and I'm kind of applying that to PBS, but until the results are published I won't know for sure.

I agree with others, just turn the damn thing on already.

I just successfully turned another 7 Day Vacation in September into 22 days off. I can't believe you guys voted for PBS. I really can't believe that I am having to listen to all these "YES" votes bitch about the system.

I agree 100%

Many people are just not smart enough to visualize how much this system can suck.. It is all too dependent on the company demonstrating that they can be sweet to us. When the hell have they ever "been sweet" enough to make this system work as it is intended to work? -Not since I have been around here. One place we will run into trouble is that the company gets to set the TLV over a huge range at their discretion-that will hugely affect the type of schedule which we can hold. I wouldn't be very be surprised to see over 50% of our lineholders at 12 days or less off.

-Anyhow-we gave away a lot with this one-and we were scammed by a misleading sales job. Some folks just have to learn the hard way.

Last edited:
I agree 100%

Many people are just not smart enough to visualize how much this system can suck.. It is all too dependent on the company demonstrating that they can be sweet to us. When the hell have they ever "been sweet" enough to make this system work as it is intended to work? -Not since I have been around here. One place we will run into trouble is that the company gets to set the TLV over a huge range at their discretion-that will hugely affect the type of schedule which we can hold. I wouldn't be very be surprised to see over 50% of our lineholders at 12 days or less off.

-Anyhow-we gave away a lot with this one-and we were scammed by a misleading sales job. Some folks just have to learn the hard way.

You may be right, but we won't know until the darn thing is turned on and we bid for real.

So in the end, I think it best you withhold your "I told ya so" until you actually can say "I told ya so".

And looks like round 3(?) of the mock bid was another no go. Flightline needs to get thier crap together. I don't think we will be live with it till Jan or later.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back