• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS is.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have a similar system here, call me first. However, the company can skip a call me first if he is first in the bucket and the assingment would take him/her over 75 hrs. Assignments really are given out in order of block hours to try to keep everyone even. Ergo, call me first just gets you to 75 hrs fastest. We, however, cannot pick up open time as reserves at ASA.

At XJT the call out priority is:
FBO - Flown by operations
RX - modified pairing
RA - reserve day due to transition conflict or part of relief or reduced flying line
Long Call Reserve Will Call
Long Call Reserve No Preference
Short Call Reserve Will Call
Short Call Reserve No Preference

Its rare they call you if you are FBO, RX, or RA. They do skip you if you reached a certain amount of hours. I think its 60 but I'm not sure it may be 75.

Side note. You guys at XJT must have a TREMENDOUS AMOUNT of open time over there! Seems like every guy drops all his trips on his bid award and all pick up open time. I wonder why they don't build more lines with all that open time.

There is a lot of open time during the initial line improvement window due to vacation trip touching, training, transition conflicts, FAR violations, etc. You can drop to 60 hours. There is not nearly as much open time during the secondary line improvement window because most of the trips left over in the initial are used to create relief lines. You can only drop in the secondary if there is coverage.

Last edited:
They do skip you if you reached a certain amount of hours. I think its 60 but I'm not sure it may be 75.

Reserve leveling bypass is 60.

There is a lot of open time during the initial line improvement window due to vacation trip touching, training, transition conflicts, FAR violations, etc. You can drop to 60 hours.

On a pure drop, but you can advertise and go below 60 can't you? Never done it myself, but seems I've heard of guys doing it.

Also remember, the "trading floor" has been reduced at times, when we had the RFL's is when I remember it last.

There is no bypassing a reserve trip at ASA. In fact, management said they would allow us to strike over that kind of provision. That is the kind of mentality you guys will be dealing with over here. I'm sure they are going to press real hard to get some of those goodies out of your group when we join. I'm personally all for having them.

IMPERATIVE that we insist on a mix of types of trips, and a limitation on how many reserve lines are built.

Currently we have NOTHING that prohibits the company from building 10 hard lines and putting the remainder of the pilot group on reserve.
We are currently running about 30% on 200 reserves. We STILL don't have enough reserves. They call everybody in for a round trip and extend, extend, extend....

Very good points! This agreement leaves the door wide open to do many such things.

There is no bypassing a reserve trip at ASA. In fact, management said they would allow us to strike over that kind of provision. That is the kind of mentality you guys will be dealing with over here. I'm sure they are going to press real hard to get some of those goodies out of your group when we join. I'm personally all for having them.

Why are they sooooo against it? I know in the past they said it was because they didn't want to call 100 pilots to cover one trip, but if I had a right to refuse I would answer my phone when they called.

Also, our new super-duper auto dialer could be used. How does XJET sched department handle reserve contact with bypass rights?

Why are they sooooo against it? I know in the past they said it was because they didn't want to call 100 pilots to cover one trip, but if I had a right to refuse I would answer my phone when they called.

Also, our new super-duper auto dialer could be used. How does XJET sched department handle reserve contact with bypass rights?

If you are under 60 hours, they simply bypass you and dont call you.

Just to clarify, there is no "bypass" option for reserve pilots at XJT. We have "will fly" and "no preference".

To expand on what Nevets said, say the bypass level is 60 hrs. Pilot A and pilot B are both in the same days available bucket. Pilot A has 65 hrs credit for the month, pilot B has 40. Pilot A may be higher in the stack, but will be bypassed since he's above the bypass level and pilot B will get called for the trip.

Also, pilot A will be prevented from using the reserve aggressive pickup window unless all the other pilots are above the reserve leveling bypass limit.

How does XJET sched department handle reserve contact with bypass rights?

See the above. Now that's not to say that sometimes scheduling doesn't pooch the screw and assign trips out of order.

Gotcha.

And, I don't know why they are against a bypass the trip system where the mOst senior reserve gets called first and on down the list, but when I suggest it for this joint contract I was told no way because they tried to get this last time and were told we could go ahead and strike over that issue, but no way they were giving it to us. It is the most fair, but who cares about that!

Why is it taking so long for the awards to be posted?????
Flica usually takes about an hour tops for it to be done and this PBS crap is taking like a week and half to award trips. Sure it's all the alpa reps looking at which way works best for them before publishing it................

Latest resources

Back