• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So i guess ASA is going to wait till tomorrow at 5pm to publish the lines even tho the IAD guys and gals didn't get to rebid. They should have gotten ours done first and let us see what crap they came up with.

What does rebidding or not have to do with it? Per the LOA, the final schedules aren't required to be posted any sooner than 1700 on the 20th. I wouldn't expect them to be beating the deadline by much on the first live month.

Yep-

And Delta didn't give us the flying which resulted in sweet high-block three days on the Brasilia or the ATR, did they?

-People are so eager to believe that our own union didn't f- all of us on this one. It is always someone else's fault.

(BTW-I sincerely hope you MFs are enjoying the 6hrs PER DAY credit we voted for you by passing PBS! I hope the free lunches are delicious as well. These days are numbered.)

Sweet high block 3 days on the brasilia and ATR equal crap low block 3 days on the jet. The 50 doesn't do high block legs like HPN or YYZ anymore. It's sad that MDT or CHO are now 'long' legs. Looks like if a 200 pilot wants to fly a high block/credit schedule, that pilot needs to bid the 700/900 or IAD

What does rebidding or not have to do with it? Per the LOA, the final schedules aren't required to be posted any sooner than 1700 on the 20th. I wouldn't expect them to be beating the deadline by much on the first live month.

Apparently, you didn't read the whole LOA or the Updates. It appears, the first 3 months, they have the option to extend it a day so all you morons have more time to bid.

Yep-

And Delta didn't give us the flying which resulted in sweet high-block three days on the Brasilia or the ATR, did they?

-People are so eager to believe that our own union didn't f- all of us on this one. It is always someone else's fault.

(BTW-I sincerely hope you MFs are enjoying the 6hrs PER DAY credit we voted for you by passing PBS! I hope the free lunches are delicious as well. These days are numbered.)

Do you live in a cave? Delta is shortening the average stage length to put the squeeze on 50 seat operaters. Less miles mean less revenue for a plane that becomes more unprofitable. Then, a 2 for 1 trade to get rid of the 50's becomes more lucrative. ALPA does not determine what the stage length will be. Who does?

Well regardless we all missed the part in the PBS LOA that gave ALPA five days to run our schedule and they gave themselves 6 hrs of pay to do it. Seriously why does it take more than an hour, total BS. Hope you all question the crap out of them at our dues paid for lunch, email DN, or amyone on the PWG or tell everyone who vol for them how crappy this is!

Do you live in a cave? Delta is shortening the average stage length to put the squeeze on 50 seat operaters. Less miles mean less revenue for a plane that becomes more unprofitable. Then, a 2 for 1 trade to get rid of the 50's becomes more lucrative. ALPA does not determine what the stage length will be. Who does?

Yea b/c the 120 and ATR had horrible sch with short legs, so instead of trying to help out the guys that pay their salary they just foward some bs about it's out of their hands. Either be a union for the pilots or let me keep my $2,000 a year and know that I'm rep by the company. Very weak of our union, very weak.

Yea b/c the 120 and ATR had horrible sch with short legs, so instead of trying to help out the guys that pay their salary they just foward some bs about it's out of their hands. Either be a union for the pilots or let me keep my $2,000 a year and know that I'm rep by the company. Very weak of our union, very weak.

RJ's are flying those turbo-prop legs now. And they fly faster hence the shorter leg times. It's pretty simple math actually. The average leg on the CR2 is now 1.2 hrs. For ASA to get their productivity out of you we need to fly 62 legs per month or 16 legs per trip. That makes for a pretty crappy 3 or 4 day trip no matter how you slice it. Want better trips? Go to the CR7/9 or a different airline.

p.s. It's only gonna get worse on the 200 as major airline partners put the squeeze on that airplane. Abandon ship!

Latest resources

Back