ASA Open Time Pickup

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez:

You are a wise man to mention "reality." The reality is that a crew scheduler bragged to me about calling World to tell them all about a pilot once in the employ of ASA. I was shocked that first, someone would perform such an act of premeditated harm against a pilot's career and second, that after having done so they would brag about it to a pilot. Some of this is not sanctioned by ASA management, but management has not made any effort to educate the clerks or hold them accountable for going after pilots on a personal level.

Fins:

Spot on, and the back stabbing / bad mouthing has gotten worse in the last year or so.

Bob

Rez:

You are a wise man to mention "reality." The reality is that a crew scheduler bragged to me about calling World to tell them all about a pilot once in the employ of ASA. I was shocked that first, someone would perform such an act of premeditated harm against a pilot's career and second, that after having done so they would brag about it to a pilot. Some of this is not sanctioned by ASA management, but management has not made any effort to educate the clerks or hold them accountable for going after pilots on a personal level.
You're shocked? Why? You're on this board and the ALPA board often enough to read posts by PILOTS threatening other pilots with precisely the same thing simply because they disagree on some issues.

After hearing some of our crew members "talk" to schedulers and others in the company, I'm not at all surprised the scheduler felt a need to "strike back". It's also no surprise to me to hear the same pilots complain about the "awful integration trips they get EVERY stinking month, even though they're senior" or about being extended/rerouted or screwed in some other way by the company/scheduling.

remember...good goes around.

....I told them they would have to change the title to "Senior Man" me, and I told the guy there was absolutely no way he started calling people in reverse seniority number and finally landed on me at the top, and I refused the trip, said I would NOT be there, and would talk to my chief pilot when I got back to ATL.

Your business partner has you beat. He's the ultimate definition of "senior man" and he was "junior man" about 3 or 4 months ago. Figure that one out.

From what I understand, she wasn't that perturbed, since he's gone mostly 3 day trips anyway. Besides, it was alot of cash. He seemed to have a good attitude about it when I took the aircraft over from him, although, like you, in disbelief that he was the "junior man".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back