• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Open Time Pickup

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i think asa has some of the best mx i have ever heard of at a regional - sure my gear doors are missing more than i wish and i'm 50% on lavs (thank god for 2) and seem to always lack coffee pots but ill take that anyday over fms, autopilot's, fd's and apu's.

I would tend to agree with the line mtc guys being some of the best. Mtc control however is a very different story. I have never put 100% trust in anyone in mtc control. Over the last 6 1/2 years I think I am down to below 50% trust in our mtc controllers. Some of the things they have done astound me. The SAT incident has been the biggest indicator to this in the last few years. I actually heard on ATL radio a mtc controller get upset and tell a Capt that it was ok to continue to MCN(5000' runway) and bypass ATL(10000' runway) after he got a "STEER INOP" msg after takeoff. Mtc told him that it would be fine to land in MCN with no nosewheel steering and while rolling down the runway to reset the switch and he will probably get steering back. Thankfully the Capt told him no and terminated the discussion. I was suprised to hear this at all seeing as how the FAA has said that MTC can't make suggestions anymore for problems. All they can do is tell you to follow the QRH.

There is no requirement for MTC controllers to have an A&P or have ever worked line MTC.

Fins:

It is called indentured servitude..... I am not sure companies, though, would open themselves up to liability... even within the DAL brand.... usually companies simply state "Yes, Fins worked here from this date to this date"

However, reality is another story...

Did I mention indentured servitude....?

Rez:

You are a wise man to mention "reality." The reality is that a crew scheduler bragged to me about calling World to tell them all about a pilot once in the employ of ASA. I was shocked that first, someone would perform such an act of premeditated harm against a pilot's career and second, that after having done so they would brag about it to a pilot. Some of this is not sanctioned by ASA management, but management has not made any effort to educate the clerks or hold them accountable for going after pilots on a personal level.

That's not an occurrance, it's potential disciplinary action up to termination. Not telling anyone what to do or not to do, but if you're going to refuse an extension and/or junior assignment you should be aware of the potential consequences.

I have only two words for them. "I'm fatigued". And I dare them to try and discipline me for it.

I don't believe the last contract was acheived by pilot's not picking up open time. It took a lot more then and it will take a lot more this time.

If some guys are cashing in when they can, so be it. It's not like we have furloughs hanging in the breeze.

This contract will be GOT when the pilots grow a pair and fly by the book. No sooner and not much later.

BUS, I agree with you, but it is still helping them for their inabilities! I won't do it! They can kiss my AZZ! If you want to...so be it. Not me! Our pilot group is standing firm and we just need to continue focusing with our eyes on the prize. Yes...FLY THE BOOK!! I never leave home without it!!!!

I don't believe the last contract was acheived by pilot's not picking up open time. It took a lot more then and it will take a lot more this time.

If some guys are cashing in when they can, so be it. It's not like we have furloughs hanging in the breeze.

This contract will be GOT when the pilots grow a pair and fly by the book. No sooner and not much later.

United's 2000 CBA that every pilot blushed over.....

I have only two words for them. "I'm fatigued". And I dare them to try and discipline me for it.

You'll get the ole occurence for it. I proudly have one of 'em! Sure would like for them to try and fire someone that is tired. A lawyer would have a field day.

Hoser

The truth about "I'm Fatigued"

i've got one of those "i'm fatigued" also, but it counts as an occurance and towards your 6 in 12.

How many of you have just told the scheduling to stick the extension and take the occurance? If you have plans don't let them mess it up for you.

Maybe more ASA pilots should stand up and say NO! Enough pilots doing this could make a point. What the heck is one occurance going to do when most pilots will be leaving soon anyway.

I just did......they called me before my last deadhead home at the gate yesterday in CVG and said they were going to "Junior Man" me for a 2 day. I told them they would have to change the title to "Senior Man" me, and I told the guy there was absolutely no way he started calling people in reverse seniority number and finally landed on me at the top, and I refused the trip, said I would NOT be there, and would talk to my cheif pilot when I got back to ATL.

So mark one occurance down for me. Total BS.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back