Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
How's dah On time performance? From watt I seez it gwoin down hill in dah last few weeks.... Bouyyyyyyyyy....

Who cares. We do not have f/o's to fly the flights. They are pulling instructors to fly right seat trips.

So you're telling me nobody wants to work for 19.02 an hour? Shocking!

It has NOTHING to do with 19.02 an hour. The vast majority of pilots who apply to regionals don't even look at that. They are only interested in PIC time so they can move to the majors. It has become a means to an end, and that is part of the problem. The sooner we accept that reality, the sooner we can work on solving the problem it is causing. Denial of that fact isn't helping the situation....

Thankfully, supply and demand is finally starting to kick in, but it isn't because of 19.02 an hour. Just think what we could do if it wasn't so easy to get into the right seat of a 121 carrier...

The regionals will continue to fill classes at 19-22 bucks an hour because it is much better than CFI work and it is a means to an end...

Just wait until June 1st when the ramp/gate agents go to delta...i heard that only 50% of the ASA ramp/gate agents actually applied with delta. Should be interesting!

Who cares. We do not have f/o's to fly the flights. They are pulling instructors to fly right seat trips.
Haven't seen that yet, but I did see Scott Hall in uniform flying the line yesterday. He was mumbling something about scheduling and, "I'm going to talk to them tomorrow about this" in a perturb voice.
Maybe the realities of line flying hit him square in the gut....or atleast hopefully they did!!

Classic, We Just Suck!!!

Just wait until June 1st when the ramp/gate agents go to delta...i heard that only 50% of the ASA ramp/gate agents actually applied with delta. Should be interesting!

Dat's good cause DAL wood only hire 25% of dem anyways... Now dat saves um' postage fo turn down letters... Bouyyyyyyyyy....

Are You The Basetball Jones?

The regionals are not filling classes. The people who do become pilots want to go to the majors, but over the last few years new pilots starts are down almost 50%. The shortage of pilots will force airlines to sweeten the pot in order to fill cockpits. Even people who are willing to sell out to mgmt and get paid less than they're worth (JB) will be forced to take the increase in pay and QOL. Some airlines will not be able to increase pay without taking the loss and those will be out of business. The ones that remain will have more pricing power due to lack of competition. It's just the way business cycles work.

Latest resources

Back