• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA on time performance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And we care because WHY.....:laugh::laugh:.....it is obvious that the company does not care, so WHY SHOULD WE?

Haven't seen that yet, but I did see Scott Hall in uniform flying the line yesterday. He was mumbling something about scheduling and, "I'm going to talk to them tomorrow about this" in a perturb voice.
Maybe the realities of line flying hit him square in the gut....or atleast hopefully they did!!

Scott was extend for an overnight into his vacation.

If they are pulling instructors to cover flights. Doesn't that increase the cost CSM too much?? Paying 2 Captains plus the Instructor override.

I thought we were the most expensive pilot group out there. That is what Management is telling us. Too expensive eh??

But it is more expensive not to have the flight go.

Many people have been extended. Management is no exception. One of the CP's got extended twice.
We do not have the pilots to complete our schedule. Point fingers all you want. It is just a fact that there is not enough to go around. We are borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. It will bite us in the a$$ big time. I give this sort of utilization no more than two months to implode.

It has NOTHING to do with 19.02 an hour. The vast majority of pilots who apply to regionals don't even look at that. They are only interested in PIC time so they can move to the majors. It has become a means to an end, and that is part of the problem. The sooner we accept that reality, the sooner we can work on solving the problem it is causing. Denial of that fact isn't helping the situation....

Thankfully, supply and demand is finally starting to kick in, but it isn't because of 19.02 an hour. Just think what we could do if it wasn't so easy to get into the right seat of a 121 carrier...

The regionals will continue to fill classes at 19-22 bucks an hour because it is much better than CFI work and it is a means to an end...

Maybe, maybe not. $19.02/hr. might be acceptable when there are only a few jobs available. With the current shortage, young whelps might actually go to an airline that treats them with at least basic human respect.

ASA pay is only the beginning of the pathology and the word is finally getting out.

I had one short leg the other day for the last day of a four day...........AND I WAS EXTENDED TWICE!!!!!!!! Got in, call scheduling ---- extented for round trip. Got back......call scheduling ------EXTENDED AGAIN!!!!!!
This place...........

I know a lot of pilots that are hitting 30 in 7 too. Be sure to check that logbook. What's better, scheduling is telling pilots that "legal to start legal to finish" applies to 30/7 and some chief pilots are backing scheduling. This is not true- 30/7 is a hard limit, just like 16 hours. "Legal to start..." only applies to the 8 hour rule.

Latest resources

Back