ASA Nov 200 lines

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
I was under the impression they always suck. Not looking at the quality of them, but the quantity has gone up for November at least.

zawillif

Total Time
they suck! thanks SH
What the F are you talking about? Try this for suck: moved to the 700 from the 200 in the spring after talking to multiple people that said the lines were almost always commutable for someone at my seniority. Now I lose 40 spots due to displacements, this month there were 8 commutable lines. NEXT month there are 3. Yes, 3 commutable lines in the whole bid package. Guess how many on the 200 are commutable?...77. I don't want to hear another word about how the 200 lines suck.

LazyLightnin'

Banned
Total Time
They always suck in someone's eyes. Last month you probably thought they were great having 90+ credit hours while half the seniority list was on reserve.

buscap

Total Time
What the F are you talking about? Try this for suck: moved to the 700 from the 200 in the spring after talking to multiple people that said the lines were almost always commutable for someone at my seniority. Now I lose 40 spots due to displacements, this month there were 8 commutable lines. NEXT month there are 3. Yes, 3 commutable lines in the whole bid package. Guess how many on the 200 are commutable?...77. I don't want to hear another word about how the 200 lines suck.
200 lines suck!!!

NYYAAAA

NNNNAAYYYYYYYYAAAAA

amcnd

Total Time
Welcome to the Airline business! just rewind the tape every year for the next 30 years and you have your future..

goahead

Total Time
Do you really think SH sits in planning for weeks on end and screws up all the trips. If it wasn't for people like him who never stop working you could be on the street, maybe you should be.

JettBoii

Stop whining; your only working 3-4 days a week! Its not like you are working 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week or more at a desk or digging a ditch. Wah.

LazyLightnin'

Banned
Total Time
You think you have it bad? They just announced to the flight attendants that they will have to build lines with 4-on 2-off for reserve coverage.. Those girls have it bad.

spudskier

Total Time
<enuf
Do you really think SH sits in planning for weeks on end and screws up all the trips. If it wasn't for people like him who never stop working you could be on the street, maybe you should be.
Working for whom!? Us? He has the pilots in mind!? 5-day trips as a possibility before this supposed TA, 4-day trips are absolutely necessary? Yeah, he certainly has our QOL and happiness in mind. Pilots are nothing more than boxes on a computer screen to him and a means to and end to run a business. If he ever shows a shred of compassion towards his work force, I'll be floored.

He said in RGT one time that if we had virtual bases we wouldn't need 4day trips... then we asked him why we don't have virtual bases. He didn't have an answer.

So let's talk about virtual bases, why we are severely understaffed, why we're working 90-hour lines with over 130 guys on the street, why only 4-day trips are in open time when everyone already has 4-day trips, can't pick anything up, and we're out of reserves because they're working the 4-day trips that were in open time...

when things break in 2012 (retirements from the legacy carriers and others) and we have the chance to either upgrade or apply somewhere else, what do you think we're going to do when we've been treated like this. Good luck hiring enough pilots to keep your airline running then... and don't tell me there's always enough people to bend over and take the jobs that pay $19k/yr... no there aren't enough people in the training pipeline.

CaribPilot

Positive Rate
Total Time
3 Tril
Working for whom!? Us? He has the pilots in mind!? 5-day trips as a possibility before this supposed TA, 4-day trips are absolutely necessary? Yeah, he certainly has our QOL and happiness in mind. Pilots are nothing more than boxes on a computer screen to him and a means to and end to run a business. If he ever shows a shred of compassion towards his work force, I'll be floored.

He said in RGT one time that if we had virtual bases we wouldn't need 4day trips... then we asked him why we don't have virtual bases. He didn't have an answer.

So let's talk about virtual bases, why we are severely understaffed, why we're working 90-hour lines with over 130 guys on the street, why only 4-day trips are in open time when everyone already has 4-day trips, can't pick anything up, and we're out of reserves because they're working the 4-day trips that were in open time...

when things break in 2012 (retirements from the legacy carriers and others) and we have the chance to either upgrade or apply somewhere else, what do you think we're going to do when we've been treated like this. Good luck hiring enough pilots to keep your airline running then... and don't tell me there's always enough people to bend over and take the jobs that pay $19k/yr... no there aren't enough people in the training pipeline.
Don't worry, they are counting on the world coming to an end in 2012 according to the Ancient Mayan calendar. But if they are wrong.......boy o boy......i think some regionals will fold because of staffing issues

SLUF4

Total Time
A lot of people here at ASA say we are staffed perfectly or even overstaffed.

screamingpax

Total Time
lots
Stop whining; your only working 3-4 days a week! Its not like you are working 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week or more at a desk or digging a ditch. Wah.
This is the type of person who thinks it is ok that lines 135 through the end on the 200 captain bid only have 12 days off next month. Nearly 270 lines!! Why don't you go service SH!

777forever

Total Time

On the 700/900 side there are a couple days where we ran completely out of reserves. Has anybody been extended?

dooork

Total Time

Why,why,why....I'll tell you why...........ASA blows!

genus

Total Time
1 or 2
If things are that bad, QUIT!!

That will help bring back some of the guys off of the street.

79%N1

Total Time
2 many
If you don't like the lines.....................bid reserve! : )