• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Nov 200 lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think you have it bad? They just announced to the flight attendants that they will have to build lines with 4-on 2-off for reserve coverage.. Those girls have it bad.

Do you really think SH sits in planning for weeks on end and screws up all the trips. If it wasn't for people like him who never stop working you could be on the street, maybe you should be.

Working for whom!? Us? He has the pilots in mind!? 5-day trips as a possibility before this supposed TA, 4-day trips are absolutely necessary? Yeah, he certainly has our QOL and happiness in mind. Pilots are nothing more than boxes on a computer screen to him and a means to and end to run a business. If he ever shows a shred of compassion towards his work force, I'll be floored.

He said in RGT one time that if we had virtual bases we wouldn't need 4day trips... then we asked him why we don't have virtual bases. He didn't have an answer.

So let's talk about virtual bases, why we are severely understaffed, why we're working 90-hour lines with over 130 guys on the street, why only 4-day trips are in open time when everyone already has 4-day trips, can't pick anything up, and we're out of reserves because they're working the 4-day trips that were in open time...

when things break in 2012 (retirements from the legacy carriers and others) and we have the chance to either upgrade or apply somewhere else, what do you think we're going to do when we've been treated like this. Good luck hiring enough pilots to keep your airline running then... and don't tell me there's always enough people to bend over and take the jobs that pay $19k/yr... no there aren't enough people in the training pipeline.

Working for whom!? Us? He has the pilots in mind!? 5-day trips as a possibility before this supposed TA, 4-day trips are absolutely necessary? Yeah, he certainly has our QOL and happiness in mind. Pilots are nothing more than boxes on a computer screen to him and a means to and end to run a business. If he ever shows a shred of compassion towards his work force, I'll be floored.

He said in RGT one time that if we had virtual bases we wouldn't need 4day trips... then we asked him why we don't have virtual bases. He didn't have an answer.

So let's talk about virtual bases, why we are severely understaffed, why we're working 90-hour lines with over 130 guys on the street, why only 4-day trips are in open time when everyone already has 4-day trips, can't pick anything up, and we're out of reserves because they're working the 4-day trips that were in open time...

when things break in 2012 (retirements from the legacy carriers and others) and we have the chance to either upgrade or apply somewhere else, what do you think we're going to do when we've been treated like this. Good luck hiring enough pilots to keep your airline running then... and don't tell me there's always enough people to bend over and take the jobs that pay $19k/yr... no there aren't enough people in the training pipeline.

Don't worry, they are counting on the world coming to an end in 2012 according to the Ancient Mayan calendar. But if they are wrong.......boy o boy......i think some regionals will fold because of staffing issues

Stop whining; your only working 3-4 days a week! Its not like you are working 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week or more at a desk or digging a ditch. Wah.

This is the type of person who thinks it is ok that lines 135 through the end on the 200 captain bid only have 12 days off next month. Nearly 270 lines!! Why don't you go service SH!

On the 700/900 side there are a couple days where we ran completely out of reserves. Has anybody been extended?

Why,why,why....I'll tell you why...........ASA blows!

If you don't like the lines.....................bid reserve! : )

Latest resources

Back