• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

resetjet

Redundant Gear Monkey
So PBS is here. It was my understanding that part of the LOA/MOU that FO's were to get the ability to have a standing list of up to 5 captains they could nominate to their "no fly list". Is this actually true?

So PBS is here. It was my understanding that part of the LOA/MOU that FO's were to get the ability to have a standing list of up to 5 captains they could nominate to their "no fly list". Is this actually true?

Don't think it is limited. However, make sure you check the correct box, or your worst nightmare will come true! Like Freddy Kreuger, The White Dragon will be back!

Don't think it is limited. However, make sure you check the correct box, or your worst nightmare will come true! Like Freddy Kreuger, The White Dragon will be back!

Haven't had the pleasure yet. However, I am of the "I'll fly with anyone once" school of thought. We'll see what happens to that after the first binder is thrown ;)

As an FO, I thought I could fly with ANYONE. I was wrong. Only 1 person on my no fly list and it's NOT the white dragon. I bet 1/3 of the 200 FO's put him on their list.

It will be interesting to see how this affects his award!!

I think we all know who you're talking about. So if this thing is real are we going to have a few captains finding it hard to find an FO to fly with?

I think we all know who you're talking about. So if this thing is real are we going to have a few captains finding it hard to find an FO to fly with?

I have wondered how this works if 1/3 of the list hates somebody. The other 2/3 will get the pleasure.

It will be interesting to see how this affects his award!!

Actually it only affects the pairings the person who decided to "bid avoid" this Captain, not the Captains bid. If you specifically bid and could have held that sweet 22 hr 3 day trip and that Captain was on it, it would remove you from that trip and move on to the next qualified pairing.

At SkyWest Captain lines are processed first, then FO lines, then FA lines. That is why Captains cannot bid to fly with or avoid anyone. FO's can bid to fly with or avoid Captains only, and FA's can bid with or avoid Captains and FO's.

However, I am of the "I'll fly with anyone once" school of thought.;)

Having flown with the dragon put her on your no-flylist. You don't get paid enough to fly with her.

Actually it only affects the pairings the person who decided to "bid avoid" this Captain, not the Captains bid. If you specifically bid and could have held that sweet 22 hr 3 day trip and that Captain was on it, it would remove you from that trip and move on to the next qualified pairing.

At SkyWest Captain lines are processed first, then FO lines, then FA lines. That is why Captains cannot bid to fly with or avoid anyone. FO's can bid to fly with or avoid Captains only, and FA's can bid with or avoid Captains and FO's.

This is precisely how the ASA system works. Crew on pairing (or not) is simply a condition that can be selected for a given preference. I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many captains can be added to this condition, but it is in your own best interests to keep this "do not fly" list fairly selective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back