• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA No Flap Ldg in SBN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, "I" didn't disarm them. They were disarmed somehow by the new guy I had with me, I assume during the after takeoff check when he was switching the reversers off. So, yes, it's my fault I didn't see the status message, especially after the flaps failed on approach. Then again, it was a CHA-ATL flight, so it's not like I flew around for 2 hours without noticing the message. Either way, I think "idiot" might be a bit harsh. Come to think of it, "ASAhole" might be a bit harsh also. Admittedly, I misspoke in my first post when I said "forgot to arm", so I understand the confusion. Then again, you might be just be a turd. Who knows?

I just want to say that you have kept a good attitude considering what some have typed. Nice Job!

I guess I must be "Sleprock" or something because I just did my 5th no flapper Tuesday pm. Whatever the problem is I hope they fix it soon. Rumor has it something about the new grease and /or shims. I got an idea. GO BACK TO THE OLD STUFF B4 SOMEONE GETS HURT. hopefully it will just be their feelings though!

I was on an ASA flight a couple of months ago that did a no flapper into YYZ. Captain did an outstanding job explaining the situation to the passengers; what to expect (shallower approach, higher speed, agressive braking, fire engines etc). Flight attendant did an extra strict job securing the cabin.

Absolute professionalism on both sides of the cockpit door from this ASA crew.

Captain greased the landing too.

A proper no flap landing is not supposed to be greased, so it was most likely the FO.:laugh:

Don't know about other carriers but at ASA the Captains are the only ones who do no flap landings in the Sim. So it would make sense that they would do them in the aircraft.
I'm an FO at ASA and just did a zero flap landing two weeks ago. The captain asked me if I was comfortable and I said yes. FO's at ASA do zero flap landings in the sim but I think only during initial training. With a long runway it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

I can't believe this generated 4 pages. Don't we have anything better to talk about?

PS, Lance Uppercut, you're a total loser. Since you know it all, why haven't you upgraded yet?

Latest resources

Back