ASA No Flap Ldg in SBN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cubflyr

Beautiful no flap landing by ASA in SBN this afternoon. Very nice job folks. What's a typical landing weight, no-flap Ref speed in a CRJ?

IMO the CRJ lands better without flaps.

Until you try to land it at 0 flap and forget to arm the GLDs (which I may have done once). That gets interesting. Think skipping a stone across a pond!

Why would you have ever disarmed the GLD's?

guess those flaps don't do a lot for the CRJ... The Avro would go from about 120 with to about 200 at flap 0. Anyone know what the 744 would be no flaps?

Until you try to land it at 0 flap and forget to arm the GLDs (which I may have done once). That gets interesting. Think skipping a stone across a pond!

Idiot. Why would you disarm them. Fcuk, now you know why mngmt thinks so little of you ASAholes.

I've done this in the ERJ with passengers and stuff. I think our final speed was around 163 or 165, I don't remember which. It wasn't a big deal...I think the ERJ generally has better slow speed characteristics than a lot of jets. That speed was actually a good 30 or 35 knots above stall, whereas on a normal landing we may be 15 or so knots from it.
Tim

Latest resources

Back