Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
With the companies proposal even new hires will take a paycut from what we have now. 75 hour guarantee at $19.02 plus per diem while in class will become $300 a week and no per diem. That's almost a $600 paycut before taxes in training and the same hourly rate from our current contract for the first year.

All you guys swimming in the pool should be concerned about the company's proposal.

Does the compensation chapter on the new contract definitive? Or is this a company proposal that still has to be negociated?
You guys still have to vote on that, don't you?

What exactly would you expect someone swimming in the pool to do about the company's proposal? You're on the seniority list, it's incumbent on you and the other pilots already on the seniority list to do something about it.

crjskipper said:
Relax - its the proposal - they havn't yet even discussed it.

Ok, now that's what I thought...
Still scary, isn't it? $300/Week doesn't help much...that's a pay cut from instructing! If I ever end up in class in ATL, I better start packing up on ramen and PBJ...and find a restaurant where I could wash dishes at night after ground school!

I going to call that Spondavite restaurant place to see if they hire ASA new hire at night to wash dishes...I'm sure they already have a few there...

barbarian4 said:
What exactly would you expect someone swimming in the pool to do about the company's proposal? You're on the seniority list, it's incumbent on you and the other pilots already on the seniority list to do something about it.

Wrong! If you don't like the pay, don't work there. When enough people do this the company will raise pay to where it should be. Simple economics. Don't try and pawn this pay problem off on "you and the other pilots aleady on the seniority list."

No Sweat!

I wouldnt worry about it. If the pay is that low, then the number of newhires showing up for class will deminish. Just like when there was PFT at ASA. They couldnt get the applicants so they dropped the PFT and paid you the sallary. They will learn eventually. Additionaly, why is new hire pay even in this proposal. They shouldnt be covered by our agreement untill they are done with sims or IOE?

jeroom said:
Ok, now that's what I thought...
Still scary, isn't it? $300/Week doesn't help much...that's a pay cut from instructing! If I ever end up in class in ATL, I better start packing up on ramen and PBJ...and find a restaurant where I could wash dishes at night after ground school!

Sheeze, I spend more than that in alcohol. How will one survive?

barbarian4 said:

How about the pilots swimming in the pool refuse the job for such crap pay. I say it's incumbent on the new hires to do something about it. Don't go to work there, then they might offer more for new hires. Wait....we know that wont happen with all the kids lining up for these great paying jobs.

Latest resources

Back