• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA new hire pay cut......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now its 19.02 an hour x 75hrs and 40 hrs a week @ $1.50. The new pay would be $7.50 an hr and no per diem.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Yeah, so keep voting in the concessions on the bottom end so that we can continue to lower costs for our companies and they can continue to undercut each other until all of us are just like Mesa. I mean, the paycuts on the bottom end aren't going to effect ME, so who cares? It is amazing to me how narrow sighted some of you are. :rolleyes:

Stick to flying your Slowtation around. You clearly have no idea whats going on in the airline industry. Do you actually think that concessions only happen at the bottom? Talk about inane. Some have actually suggested that only Captains take concessions. The pain is shared equally percentage wise so the Captains actually take more of a hit dollar wise.

DetoXJ said:
Stick to flying your Slowtation around. You clearly have no idea whats going on in the airline industry. Do you actually think that concessions only happen at the bottom? Talk about inane. Some have actually suggested that only Captains take concessions. The pain is shared equally percentage wise so the Captains actually take more of a hit dollar wise.

I do work for an airline, moron. I know how concessions work, and I know that they aren't only on the bottom end. I'm sure that my company will come to us for some in the near future, and I will vote no....I don't care who would get the bigger pay cut.

Also, why in the hell didn't you refuse the job for such "crap pay"? I mean, that is what you are expecting for everyone else to do. Oh, yeah...I forgot...you told them during the interview that you would only work for at least 5th year Captain pay, and because of your extraordinary skills and infinite knowledge of economics they agreed to it. Right O' Skipper of the Skies?

Last edited:
wickedpilot said:
1. What are the current pay rates for training? $900/week plus per diem? The $300/week proposal is outrageous. My part-time warehouse job pays more.

2. Does anyone know when this proposal will be decided on? (Will it be before the March 27th class)

1. Then don't work at ASA. The current pilots are not responsible for hiring pilots. Management is.

2. You must be new to the airline game. Educate yourself on the process if you plan on being an airline pilot some day.

GO AROUND said:
Now its 19.02 an hour x 75hrs and 40 hrs a week @ $1.50. The new pay would be $7.50 an hr and no per diem.

Actually new hire pay right now is 19.02/hr. at the 75 hour a month guarantee. The per diem is added only if you are awarded SLC. Which they were few and far between when I went through.

During training I was only taking home $535 every two weeks. At 40 hours a week in class that came out to $6.69/hr.

The 8 hrs a day you are in class should be paid at the daily taxable per diem. Doesn't matter SLC or not. If they are not paying that then something needs to be said cause you are technically on duty in class.

GO AROUND said:
The 8 hrs a day you are in class should be paid at the daily taxable per diem. Doesn't matter SLC or not. If they are not paying that then something needs to be said cause you are technically on duty in class.

I think most airlines do not do this, they may consider that you are in your base.

GO AROUND said:
With the companies proposal even new hires will take a paycut from what we have now. 75 hour guarantee at $19.02 plus per diem while in class will become $300 a week and no per diem. That's almost a $600 paycut before taxes in training and the same hourly rate from our current contract for the first year.

All you guys swimming in the pool should be concerned about the company's proposal.

$19.02 an hour? $17118 a year? It just stuns me that people would work so hard for a job that pays that! The funny part is, if someone offered them twice that much to shovel $hit, they would turn it down.

No perdiem, period, during new hire training. It kicks in during IOE. Went through class last summer/ early fall. The new contract proposal sure smells a little, I mean a lot, like.............

jeroom said:
Ok, now that's what I thought...
Still scary, isn't it? $300/Week doesn't help much...that's a pay cut from instructing! If I ever end up in class in ATL, I better start packing up on ramen and PBJ...and find a restaurant where I could wash dishes at night after ground school!

Nice. That's what I am getting on unemployment.
No thanks I'll stay home and collect the 300 instead.

Latest resources

Back