• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have we been here before? This all seems familiar.

Oh yeah, optimistically cautious!!

45% done!!!! He's a pilot, not a mathmatics major. That's why I always carry my calculator for the load manifest. Numbers are HARD! If I could just find a calculator to do those pesky time calculations, I could be the complete FO!!

FWIW, the Sporty's electronic E6B will do time calculations, and if you have a Palm or a Treo there is a program that does them. I never could have lived without it.

II wonder if Jerry Atkin will make an appearance since he was invited to attend by the mediator.

It was our MEC that sent the invitation to JA to attend the meetings.

Have we been here before? This all seems familiar.

Oh yeah, optimistically cautious!!

That is the best way to be, you are talking about a company that would eat their own young. I wish all my former brothers and sisters good luck, hope something gets done soon. It has been way too long!!!!!!

Five sections down and six to go! Sweet we are half way. Another four years and we should be on the verge of a full contract... Way to go guys keep up the good work.

After these 5 are done...that leaves 6 open sections out of 30 total sections. Little bit more than half.

FWIW, the Sporty's electronic E6B will do time calculations, and if you have a Palm or a Treo there is a program that does them. I never could have lived without it.

I use a Palm right now. If you have a link or name of a program I could search, I would be saved. Nothing worse than sitting there, puzzling over how to substact minutes. I can calculate fuel burns and 3 degree glideslopes pretty (snowflake takes the fun out of it but it beats getting hollered down for not making a crossing restriction) easily but those minutes kick my butt.

GoAround, I just had to through it out there. It only proves I have a calculator sitting next to my computer.

The IP's got together and proposed to ALPA and the company a way to keep the current pay but make them more efficient and productive. It's nice to have a representative from that group in there to help with that section.

The CNC and MEC havn't sold out in the last 4 years, even though there are those on this board that wanted them to just to get it done, so why would they let it happen now.

First off, this is great news. We need to get this done.

I assume you are talking about people like me with your "sold out" comment. Nobody wanted to "sell out" to get this thing done. We just wanted ALPA to drop some of the demands. That isn't "selling out".

Nobody wanted to "sell out" the instructors, but they will have to become more productive for the money they make. I agree that it is good to have an instructor in there. The question is why did it take over 4 years to get an instructor in there? Is it safe to say the instructors will have to work harder for their money now?

The retirement plan also has to go.

Seems like BOTH sides are feeling the heat - now get it done!

Last edited:
We just wanted ALPA to drop some of the demands......Nobody wanted to "sell out" the instructors, but they will have to become more productive for the money they make.

Why is it you always want ALPA to drop demands and give in, never the company. How about the company getting just a small bit more productive for their money, HUH? Somewhere above 40% required staffing on the ramp? Just somewhere other than DOUBLE our next great bag looser in the industry. How 'bout them getting a little more productive. If we flew like they ran this company, we would shut down! Just because they say they are going to change doesn't mean they are.

Dick

I use a Palm right now. If you have a link or name of a program I could search, I would be saved. Nothing worse than sitting there, puzzling over how to substact minutes. I can calculate fuel burns and 3 degree glideslopes pretty (snowflake takes the fun out of it but it beats getting hollered down for not making a crossing restriction) easily but those minutes kick my butt.

You need a calculator to figure out when to start down and what your descent rate should be?

Latest resources

Back