• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Nap Reduction....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4-Day trips are far worse than naps..... The fact that Scott is dumb enough to think they are "more productive" shows what a bonehead we have in charge...

Don't get all in face about "productivity" when we have had 400 or so pilots on reserve!!!! Plus look at all the extra hotel expenses and per diem assoc. with 4-days!

-Scott is a special type of fool!
tough words from an anonymous idiot. Be a man and put your name with your idiotic words.

Naps are a great way to make easy money. If you pick up 2 naps a month, that's an easy 12-13+ hours over block for those high credit gurus like myself.

I'd much rather work a tough 3 day than an easier 4 day. Why should I chose to be at work on the 4th day when I could be at home in my own bed the night before.

Question from someone at another company:

What does a CDO pay, at a minimum?

Let's say you have a 9PM report time and an 8AM release time with 3 hours of flying.

Thanks, just curious as to how it compares.

Question from someone at another company:

What does a CDO pay, at a minimum?

Let's say you have a 9PM report time and an 8AM release time with 3 hours of flying.

Thanks, just curious as to how it compares.

At ASA, the duty rig pays 1 hour for 2 hours of scheduled duty up to 12 hours, then 1 for 1 after that. Your example is 11 hours of duty, which would pay 5.5 hours. A 13 hour CDO would pay 7 hours, etc.

One of the reasons there will be less naps is that there are less late night departures due to the economy and the time of the year. When traffic picks up again and maybe this summer during peak travel season, there will be more naps. Another reason the number of naps are being reduced is the rig makes them worth 5-7 hours versus 2-3 hours.

Less naps = less 3 day trips--much less

My guess is that there will be less naps and that translates into less 3 day trips. Also, there will be more day lines and poor quality 4 day trips. They may save some money on the naps, but somewhere the costs will increase. And, just like before, schedules will be worse and morale will be in the toilet. Have we not been there before?

Last edited:
Are you guys able to sleep the 3-4 hours on naps when you get to the hotel? I'd be afraid I'd oversleep and be running out the door....also I feel like crap after 3-4 hrs of sleeping....it's either a short nap or I'm in bed for the long haul.

Latest resources

Back