• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA moving CRJ-200s to MEM? Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not if they reduce all the DCI flying in ATL.

Imagine that, actually fighting Southwest with DL MAINLINE planes? Really? Fight 737s with A319s moved from MEM? Sounds like a better idea. We'll see.......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bingo! What they are trying to do in the face of a Southwest onslaught is move as many 1st class seats through ATL as possible.

SWA onslaught? SWA is bringing the total number of flights in ATL DOWN to 175 total per day, and to fund that purchase and pay increases for local ATL employees (all employees) they will have to keep fares higher. They aren't a LCC anymore, and everyone knows it. But, they don't have bag fees! (even though the fares are often higher)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't think it will change for ASA that much. AirTran had business class and a more comparable domestic product to DAL than Southwest, yet DAL didn't reduce RJ capacity then. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

SWA onslaught? SWA is bringing the total number of flights in ATL DOWN to 175 total per day, and to fund that purchase and pay increases for local ATL employees (all employees) they will have to keep fares higher. They aren't a LCC anymore, and everyone knows it. But, they don't have bag fees! (even though the fares are often higher)

Bye Bye---General Lee

To the basic consumer, reality matters little. Perception will win, atleast for a little while. They (SWA) will eat those cost for a while, and if the demand increases, so will the price.
The bargin buyer/flier will buy whatever ticket is cheapest.

Eventually they hype will fade for SWA in ATL.

Latest resources

Back