• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Missing The Boat??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with you Joe. ALPA needs to change and properly represent our best interests. By saying "our" I mean every single ALPA represented airline and stop pitting everyone against each other.

My whole point is that the thread could be about how ugly our FA's are, and you'd blame ALPA for it.

I agree with you Joe. ALPA needs to change and properly represent our best interests. By saying "our" I mean every single ALPA represented airline and stop pitting everyone against each other.

My whole point is that the thread could be about how ugly our FA's are, and you'd blame ALPA for it.

......I don't understand why people blame me for trying to hold the union we pay dues to accountable for their actions....I only sound like a broken record because we as a "union" continue to make the same mistakes and then those of us who point out those mistakes get the blame.....

We pay ALPA and we can hold them accountable if we choose to.....Either choose to hold them accountable or accept the failure and move on...

I choose not to accept it......

I don't mind Joe speaking his mind. It would be nice to hear his opinions on things besides unions once and awhile, but at least he is willing to address issues that few people seem interested in talking about and/or reforming.

I don't mind Joe speaking his mind. It would be nice to hear his opinions on things besides unions once and awhile, but at least he is willing to address issues that few people seem interested in talking about and/or reforming.

....then you haven't seen the political posts where I take my shots at Obama and Hillary.....:uzi:

The most telling clue is that hiring/upgrades are shut down for the forseeable future, so don't expect anything coming ASA's way.....what happened to all that excitement over how much was coming our way after we settled the contract??? Remember, that was the only thing holding us back!

Yes, we're not hiring/upgrading right now... ATRs, people keep forgetting we're losing almost a dozen airframes, on top of that we're over-staffed! What airline in their right mind would hire under those conditions. We even have a hiring pool from what I hear which to me means we're expecting to maintain or grow. Be it attrition or growth, we're in a good position and will continue to be.
900s will come, mgt is saying this, and I have faith in our new golden boy to pull it off. He's done so much for the airline in the short time he's been here, I have to believe that he has vision for the future and has all our best interests in mind.

... .and it was a substancial number. Anyone remember any specifics from that memo?

Edit: I know I can't spell, there is no reason for any of the nerds on here to point it out.

If it weren't for that spelling dysclaimer, I'd be all over that AND your grammer. But no need to be so vane about that, 'cause we're all just pilots.....bleu-collar workers with no real schooling!

Who's to say we were getting 900's if we had agreed to a contract 2 years ago? Nothing is certain in this industry and I'm sure we could have agreed to something sub-par and still not gotten the 900's. And I'm not saying that our negotiations were stellar, but I don't think we were getting them then anyway. More than anything I believe it was bad management that squandered the 900's away from us; which seems to be getting better now.

You read it first hear guys/gals. ASA to open bases in CVG and MCO!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back