• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Missing The Boat??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MX in Macon told us that 900s are definitely on the way....6 months out though. We have all heard these RUMORS before so hopefully this one will be true. Im still skeptical.

Yea because MX always has the answers...

Last edited:
....we missed the boat on much of the 700/900 flying.....our 900s were diverted to Skywest while ALPA was denying that they were being diverted....

Many of you said you didn't care if the airplanes were diverted...now you seem concerned that we were left out...Why the change of heart now?

Jerry plays tough....he called our bluff and some are upset now that we were left out of the 700/900 game....

1. Press your union for real brand scope....No more BS promises from Herndon....

2. Single list at Skywest Inc...even if it means "buying" it...

3. Don't let growth opportunities get away....once they are gone...they are gone.....

If you have complaints...direct them to the hardliner ALPA cheerleaders....they brought you this......

....we missed the boat on much of the 700/900 flying.....our 900s were diverted to Skywest while ALPA was denying that they were being diverted....

Many of you said you didn't care if the airplanes were diverted...now you seem concerned that we were left out...Why the change of heart now?

Jerry plays tough....he called our bluff and some are upset now that we were left out of the 700/900 game....

1. Press your union for real brand scope....No more BS promises from Herndon....

2. Single list at Skywest Inc...even if it means "buying" it...

3. Don't let growth opportunities get away....once they are gone...they are gone.....

If you have complaints...direct them to the hardliner ALPA cheerleaders....they brought you this......

Maybe if you stopped bantering about ALPA all the time, people would listen to you more. It's getting old Mr. Joe

Maybe if you stopped bantering about ALPA all the time, people would listen to you more. It's getting old Mr. Joe

....what do you suggest? Is ALPA meeting YOUR expectations? Are we a "collective" bargaining unit...or are we independent units trying to get our piece of the pie....

What is getting old is all of the ALPA cheerleaders now complaining about the loss of 70/90 flying while they pounded their chest and said "we don't care if it goes somewhere else"....well you got your wish.....

Either deal with it or reform this sorry excuse for a union....but don't complain about getting your wish.....

Hey McNugent, maybe if some more of us start bantering they might listen? Every pilot here should qustion everything Big ALPA does. They certainly don't have a reputation for looking out for us.

701EV

I haven't complained. It is what it is. The fact of the matter is, the ASA pilot group refused to cave in to a sub-par contract and take the carrot of flying big RJ's for less than appropriate wages. ALPA or not it is the pilots that did the right thing.

ALPA isn't flawless and I respect your oinion, as you have many years in the business. Some things you say I agree with, and others I don't.

The thing is, you lose credibility when all you do is bash the union that believe it or not is there for you in your darkest hour. Like I said above, there are many things wrong with ALPA, and I'm sure you have a list somewhere. But damn! I'm just getting sick of you blaming them for everything!

Last edited:
I haven't complained. It is what it is. The fact of the matter is, the ASA pilot group refused to cave in to a sub-par contract and take the carrot of flying big RJ's for less than appropriate wages. ALPA or not it is the pilots that did the right thing.

ALPA isn't flawless and I respect your oinion, as you have many years in the business. Some things you say I agree with, and others I don't.

The thing is, you lose credibility when all you do is bash the union that believe it or not is there for you in your darkest hour. Like I said above, there are many things wrong with ALPA, and I'm sure you have a list somewhere. But damn! I'm just getting sick of you blaming them for everthing!

ALPA isn't there for anyone in their "darkest hour"....We are a very loose association of independent contractors that will screw each other in a heart beat....If you don't believe that then you aren't following AAA/AWA or DAL/NWA....

We lost 900s while we held out for items we weren't going to get....If some had there way, we would still be without a contract and probably would have lost even more flying at this point.....

Support ALPA if you want.....that is your choice....but don't fall into a false sense of security because we are ALPA....We will be left behind with or without ALPA "protection"....

We could demand better from our union, but that requires some of you to demand more from the union that is suppost to represent you....I don't think you folks have it in you to stand up to ALPA....There was a time when the ASA and CMR MECs would stand up to ALPA.....now they seem happy to drink the Herndon Koolaid......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back