• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Mgmt cannot staff properly; wants new hire pay raises

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

After consultation with the voting members, MEC Chairman responded to managements request by stating quite simply, “If management wants to attract quality pilots to ASA – settling the remaining open issues of our entire contract will both attract new pilots and stabilize the current pilot groups’ frustrations with management.”

Correct answer.

Unfortunately Atkin has one hell of a batting average against ALPA and he's not doing too bad this time around either.
Or, is he just begining to look like a man with a base ball bat and a gang of NMB members covering his backside?

The NMB can't stand back there forever. There is a clock ticking on their political fortunes. The direction of the political wind is changing in Washington. Those who wish to keep their jobs after the 08 elections are going to start trying hard to look like moderates.

It has always been the case that baby seals out number the guys with the bats. If they get organized they could cause trouble.

Last edited:
So the company and the MEC take the newhires hostage. It was bound to happen sometime.

While I agree it's unfair to the rest of the pilots to only give a raise to newhires, and I also agree that it's counterproductive to give the company what it wants without quid-pro-quo, it's still sad that the lowest paid pilots at the company are going to have to carry our water.

It seems the gamesmanship on both sides continues...

They can apply at plenty of other regionals out there. No one is forcing them here. There are no hostages being taken.

interesting, the union does not want to give the more junior people a raise. It has been that way since airline unions were in place. Unions take advantage of people at the bottom of the list. Always has and always will be. I think it is the I had to work for that amount and everyone else should too theory. Of course anyone with a brain knows that is a bad theory to operate by.

Last go around on our contract ASA ALPA brought up the FO's pay to industry standard, which is 60% of Capt's pay rate. So, you're wrong and misinformed.

Don't forget the basic fact

Do you honestly think we couldn't get a contract tomorrow if we wanted it? Get real this is our fault if we flew the contract this would be over tomorrow. So don't complain we are doing this to ourselves have some accountability and sit at the outstation. Until you are willing to get some balls don't mouth off on flight info.

p.s. king tutt i'm sorry that all of the FA's made fun of you when you were a newhire FE, not much has changed. Hall...sorry ATA or UAL never hired you or the Red Tails for that matter... And our fearless leader....i wish i knew how you kept your job.

Last edited:
Don't forget the basic fact

Do you honestly think we couldn't get a contract tomorrow if we wanted it? Get real this is our fault if we flew the contract this would be over tomorrow. So don't complain we are doing this to ourselves have some accountability and sit at the outstation. Until you are willing to get some balls don't mouth off on flight info.
quote]

That's what it's going to take. And, I support the MEC not granting mgt's request for a new-hire raise. Just do your job!

Hoser

Last edited:
I did a phone screen Monday June 25 last week-no packet yet though-any chances I still get one?

Yea. Not much going on over at the GO last week because of the 4th falling in the middle of the week. (course they don't do much over there anyways......)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back