ASA Mgmt cannot staff properly; wants new hire pay raises

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's an idea for everyone.

I have contended many times that pilot actions while "flying the contract" are mostly ineffective in "bringing management to its knees". Well here's an idea that may work with a measurable level of effectiveness. It's one where everyone from JoeMechant, Pennekamp, WMS, and even Tomct can be on the same team.

ASA has now tipped it's hand that it can't hire. Guys we can help them out with that problem. (and not the cool kind) If we do it right, a judge can't do anything about it. It works like this:

Look at all the threads, lots of new hires read these boards while seeking employment. We need a nice hefty thread that gets posted daily so it stays at the top of the page. The subject? "Why it sux to work at ASA".

The only trick is; in order to be protected by free speech, what you say must be 100% true. Fill it with all the real filth of contract violations, refusals for time off for weddings, unjust firings, pressure to fly with no APU on 95 degree days, van rides to MCN (which will get worse when we quit flying it), extended to fly day lines after three naps. Concentrate on actual stuff that our company does to us.

Just remember, it must be true.

P.S. Jmoney you can play too!

Last edited:
Joe Merchant has all the answers-maybe he should run things around here!
This pecker-head makes me sick-he just criticizes and moans and bitches to no end, but what would he have us do-take a pay cut? Give in to mgmt?, No-he would have us disband ALPA because of all the "whipsaw" he keeps referring to!
WHATEVER! I am sick of that silly notion-ALPA is now "WHIPSAWING" us to death. I thought last week it was managment. Maybe it will be the Portugese Navy next week!
RJDC is crap! The whole RJDC IS DEAD-you will never make ALPA perfect, but it on hell of a lot better than what these RJDC idiots are doing which is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OTHER THAN WHINE!

-If you can't come up with something better than that silly RJDC crap-stop wasting our time!
-You Suck Joe!

Jmoney,

We missed your thoughtful insights while you were in the penalty box..... Welcome back.... it just isn't a debate without your insightful wisdom......

Good luck guys

The actions of SkyWest management towards the ASA pilots is nothing short of union busting. It has very little to do with cost (moving airplanes is not cheap). I hope ASA is successful in getting a better contract and that the SkyWest fence sitters will wake up and get ALPA on the property. As of late SAPA/management has been showing its true colors. Good luck guys, give em hell!

Here's an idea for everyone.

I have contended many times that pilot actions while "flying the contract" are mostly ineffective in "bringing management to its knees". Well here's an idea that may work with a measurable level of effectiveness. It's one where everyone from JoeMechant, Pennekamp, WMS, and even Tomct can be on the same team.

ASA has now tipped it's hand that it can't hire. Guys we can help them out with that problem. (and not the cool kind) If we do it right, a judge can't do anything about it. It works like this:

Look at all the threads, lots of new hires read these boards while seeking employment. We need a nice hefty thread that gets posted daily so it stays at the top of the page. The subject? "Why it sux to work at ASA".

The only trick is; in order to be protected by free speech, what you say must be 100% true. Fill it with all the real filth of contract violations, refusals for time off for weddings, unjust firings, pressure to fly with no APU on 95 degree days, van rides to MCN (which will get worse when we quit flying it), extended to fly day lines after three naps. Concentrate on actual stuff that our company does to us.

Just remember, it must be true.

P.S. Jmoney you can play too!

Ummm...please explain why what you say on here must be true? Free speech is a right, even if the speech is not true. I'm entitled to my opinion, and to voice that opinion.

Anyway, I disagree that we should do anything to discourage new hires from coming here. No matter what, ASA is better than most other regionals out there.

The only way it would be a mistake for people to come here is if we get an industry-leading contract. That will just put a big-ole target on our heads, and the shrinking will commence. The tall grass gets cut first.

av8er2- It doesn't really matter where you go, as long as pilots cost money, they are a liability. This is true at any airline now.....except in tomct's eyes where Southwest is king. Wait until they stumble and take a fall and we will see a massive shift in culture. You will never be an assett when you are in the expense portion of a spread sheet.

Funny how it is only MY eyes! SWA has been in business how long.....35 years. And HOW many profitable quarters? Back when they were not the highest paid 73 operators in the world, the company did other things to keep them right in the top paid group. (stock options, performance bonuses etc.) But I know V, I don't know ANYTHING! I should just listen to all of your "Doom and Gloom BullSh!t" Never gonna happen!:rolleyes:

Ummm...please explain why what you say on here must be true? Free speech is a right, even if the speech is not true. I'm entitled to my opinion, and to voice that opinion.

Anyway, I disagree that we should do anything to discourage new hires from coming here. No matter what, ASA is better than most other regionals out there.

The only way it would be a mistake for people to come here is if we get an industry-leading contract. That will just put a big-ole target on our heads, and the shrinking will commence. The tall grass gets cut first.

Good Lord...if that reply does not scream mgmnt LOSER...I don't know what does! Azz aviator, get back to work you putz!

Geekmstr, one of your BEST POSTS EVER!! Finally something that just makes sense!

Joe, you continue to shame yourself on this board. What a loser!

Because if what you say is a)for the express purpose of causing harm to another party and b)knowingly untrue then it meets the legal definition of Slander.

I agree with you whole-heartedly that ALPA insists on that trophy contract then it would indeed be a career error to come here; especially if you had any intentions of staying a while.

ASA has had it's moments of being a decent place to work. From Sept98 until negotiations began, it was really nice. As for now, there are quite a number of events that "aren't so nice". Might want to check the living conditions with some ot the other regional flyers. (except Mesa of course) Note: I said living conditions not money.

Either way, it would be to our benefit negotiating-wise if hiring continues to become more difficult.

Last edited:
Darn!

I went back and read the first page and realized I flamed the wrong Jackoff!!

I really should be flaming Pennekamp. If you read his posts, its obvious there is no point to what he is saying other than possibly the following:

"the union is bad because the company is bad because the union is bad, so I'm telling mommy!"

Wow-He blinded me with science!

-Deep Thoughts.......

RJDC idea

If the RJDC were to team up with the 727-100 DC, then we'd have a real powerhouse!

...just a thought.

I went back and read the first page and realized I flamed the wrong Jackoff!!

I really should be flaming Pennekamp. If you read his posts, its obvious there is no point to what he is saying other than possibly the following:

"the union is bad because the company is bad because the union is bad, so I'm telling mommy!"

Wow-He blinded me with science!

-Deep Thoughts.......

If you come up with something intelligent to say, I'll respond. I don't respond to (in your words) "flamers".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back