• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA merger Rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word on the street is that Mesa sucks. Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed and verified to be true- Mesa does, indeed, suck!

Something tells me that the rebranding may be a lead up to some at risk flying or code shares with DAL. Let's face it, although minor, it may be just enough to get away from the catastrophy of a past we've lead, due to complete lack of direction and competant oversight on behalf of our prior management teams. Frankly, though subtle, it may be enough to "buff the turd". Let's be honest, it's our name that haunts our progress- we all know what we've done here and how much better our performance is, as opposed to years past.

Atlantic Southeast AIRLINES seems to be USA Today's favorite whipping child, perhaps the renaming of Atlantic Southeast will help disuade this for some "at risk flying". Yes, it's simple, maybe even dumb, but it just might be cheeply effective. I guess we'll see though, won't we...................

Those numbers are for 65.

That CPS flow is going to start bringing pilots in very shortly. They will be flowing for a good bit before one off the street hire gets a class. (That is the plan to date, so it can change) That said, you will see Mesaba and CPS flows this year with off the street after that.

65 MD-90's It will be an overall net gain. 9's and older 88's will be parked as they come up for heavy checks.

Look for another order in 18-36 months. We may also be looking at new to us jets.

I would say that getting the CPS flow deal for you would be good since it will be only one way for the foreseeable future. I am not a fan of flows, but these pilots come to DAL off probation, no interview other than the NWA now DAL interview they will do to get hired at CPS.

Time will tell, but DAL seems to be intent on using the flow agreements to staff the near term staffing needs.

Don't think so. I bet 200 or so hired, but only 29 of them will be "flow."

here is the new combine retirement list as of may 1st. posted on delta net

2010 -3
11 - 8
12 - 19
13 - 102
14 - 162
15 - 224
16 - 301
17 - 360
18 - 456
19 - 538
20 - 624
21 - 807
22 - 860
23 - 812
24 - 810
25 - 714
26 - 618

Continued decrease from there

Same numbers I posted.

Don't think so. I bet 200 or so hired, but only 29 of them will be "flow."

You may only see 200 after the by-pass guys come back. I have heard up to 154 have indicated, but that was a few years ago. They will send out letters again asking for intent.

As for 29 flows, not what they have stated, but anything is possible. Flowing pilots allows them not to ramp up the hiring process and spend money they may not need to.

You may only see 200 after the by-pass guys come back. I have heard up to 154 have indicated, but that was a few years ago. They will send out letters again asking for intent.

As for 29 flows, not what they have stated, but anything is possible. Flowing pilots allows them not to ramp up the hiring process and spend money they may not need to.

All fine, except that the don't like the flow because it doesn't allow them to select their pilots using their robust selection process. It doesn't really matter. We will all find out at the same time what they decide to do.

Latest resources

Back